Respected Contributor

Special gift for a close friend

Hello everyone.

• I hope everyone in well! I am looking to purchase some beautiful stationery for a friend. She has a big birthday approaching! Believe it or not she still writes letters. Mostly letters of concern, sympathy, think of you and encouragement. We still keep in touch by phone and text but she loves dropping a little letter in the mail. I still have several that she has written over the years.  Any recommendations on a great place to purchase elegant stationery?  Thanks!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Special gift for a close friend

@Franklinbell , if blank notecards would work Papyrus and Hallmark should have nice selections.  It seems the stationery sets with actual sheets of paper are harder to come by but they probaby have some of those, too, just not the big selection like the blank notecards.  Paper Source is another option.  I have always had good like finding nice blank note cards at Papyrus.

Esteemed Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@Franklinbell , if blank notecards would work Papyrus and Hallmark should have nice selections.  It seems the stationery sets with actual sheets of paper are harder to come by but they probaby have some of those, too, just not the big selection like the blank notecards.  Paper Source is another option.  I have always had good like finding nice blank note cards at Papyrus.

Good *luck*.  Not good *like*.   I hate that I can't edit anymore.  🙄

Respected Contributor

You might check over on etsy. Lots of unique, special stationary there.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Franklinbell  I love writing as well and love beautiful writing materials. During the pandemic I began a penpal

program and made lots of new friends and kept up with distance relatives in care facilities. 
I get my personalized stationery from Etsy. My favs are Chick A Dee. They have a wide variety and very prompt service. I just love the quality of their products and it's hard to find good card stock anymore. I'm sure your friend will love anything you decide to get.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you have a Michaels near by they have a nice selection of stationary....

Respected Contributor

When I used to buy stationary years ago I always went with Cranes. Nice designs and thick quality paper.

Esteemed Contributor

@Franklinbell 

Not sure if they are still in business, but Cranes used to make beautiful stationery.  The last time I searched online, I believe I found a few places to buy it.

In past years, I was an avid letter/note writer and always had Cranes on hand.  

Now, there are so many lovely writing papers out there, but, sadly, most of the folks I exchanged letters and notes with have diedCat Sad

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just looked on hallmark dot com and saw some nice options.

Esteemed Contributor

@Janey2 

We must have been typing at the same time Cat Happy

Another Cranes lover here.