Honored Contributor

Re: Speaking of the BK Halloween burger...

Here we go...

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@brii wrote:

It looks nasty both coming and going.  LOL

I just sprayed my beverage all over my laptop . . . good one brii!

I am listening to a local Chicago radio station and they were just discussing this . . . I love Whoppers but I think this one is a pass for me.

Honored Contributor

I absolutely love hamburgers, and they are my number one safe, go to food, but even I will pass on this burger.  I do not like A1 sauce, period.  

Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven  Disgusting in every way, shape, form and now color.

Honored Contributor

My husband and I ate one & the end results were a temporary green..  No big deal..  And the A-1 sauce gave it an extra flavor, we're hoping they'd add it to their regular whoppers.  You have to give it a try to truly form an opinion- we liked them!

Boo to You!! 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@Shelbybiskit wrote:

I think I heard on the commercial that the bun is black because they baked A-1 steak sauce into it. 

That's what I heard too, but it doesn't really make sense since A-1 isn't black.  Squid ink is, but not A-1.  Maybe that's how they mostly darken it, but to get that true black color like in the pictures, something else must be added. 

I put up a post about the burger, maybe a week ago.  It even has A1 in the name and advertising. 

I'll see if I can find it for you...

That doesn't change the fact that A1 wouldn't turn the bun black, whatever BK claims Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbybiskit wrote:

I think I heard on the commercial that the bun is black because they baked A-1 steak sauce into it. 

Yes, that's how it's described on their website, as having A-1 sauce baked into the buns.

Honored Contributor

@Toppers wrote:

@Shelbybiskit wrote:

Yes, that's how it's described on their website, as having A-1 sauce baked into the buns.

Technically it's A-1 FLAVOR...a chemical.   Chemists in labs around the world create artificial flavors to achieve that flavor.