Trusted Contributor

Speaking of missing babies/children..........

Another post made me start thinking about some other cold cases involving missing babies/children.

How about the baby girl in Florida?  I think her name was Sam.  She had two older siblings.  I believe the mother found her crib empty in the morning.  What do you think happened to her?

Another story I remember is the little boy that never made it to school.  I can't remember where this was.  I can't even remember the state (maybe midwest), but I believe the parents were divorced and remarried at the time, and there was suspicion surrounding the step mother.

I also remember a missing baby girl (again I can't remember where), but I believe the father was at work.  It was evening time, and the mother and a friend spent the evening on the porch drinking wine.  The mother admitted to getting intoxicated, but as I recall, the father came home and the baby was missing.

I have always been very interested in these missing person cases.  I followed many of them closely back when Greta and Nancy Grace used to feature the stories on their shows.  Sadly so many of these cases have never been solved, and unfortunately I don't know of any tv programs that feature these kind of missing persons stories anymore.

Honored Contributor

Re: Speaking of missing babies/children..........

[ Edited ]

Agree there should be more interest through tv.  To date, you have to search on the Search for Missing Children website.

Sorry, I removed the above link.  Copy/paste-->missingkids.com/gethelpnow/search

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also remember a missing baby girl (again I can't remember where), but I believe the father was at work.  It was evening time, and the mother and a friend spent the evening on the porch drinking wine.  The mother admitted to getting intoxicated, but as I recall, the father came home and the baby was missing.

This is the only one I recall (Baby Lisa Irwin) She's been missing sense Oct 2011---- I thought about her today her B-day is next month she will or would be  8 years old next month,.

Trusted Contributor

@Westshopper wrote:

This is the only one I recall (Baby Lisa Irwin) She's been missing sense Oct 2011---- I thought about her today her B-day is next month she will or would be  8 years old next month,.

Thanks, Westshopper!  This is the case I was referring to.  I couldn't remember her name.  So sad.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

The little boy was Kyron Horman.  I believe and the baby missing from her crib was Lisa Irwin.  I really think Lisa’s mom is responsible but in the very least knows what happened to her baby.   I don't understand  how someone could just disappear without a trace.  However in Lisa’s case the Missouri River is not far from where the family lives 😥

Trusted Contributor

Another case I recall is the Haleigh Cummings case in Florida.  I believe her father left her in the care of his young girlfriend.  There may have been drugs involved, and I think the girlfriend's story kept changing.  Also, there was something about a back door being left unlocked (maybe).

Trusted Contributor

Nancy Grace could be dramatic and sometimes rude to her guests but I used to watch her pretty regularly.  I’ve often wondered what became of so many of these cases. 

Honored Contributor

I remember all of the above cases, I wish someone would do an update on them!

Trusted Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

I remember all of the above cases, I wish someone would do an update on them!

I couldn't agree with you more.  It seems that some of us follow these cases so closely when they are in the news, and then one day we don't hear anything more about them.  

Respected Contributor

Having 5 Children, I do remember, with complete clarity in my mind, losing one for mere minutes in a shopping mall.  It felt like my world stopped in that second, when the rest of the world kept spinning.  

Personally, I can't wrap my brain around a Parent not knowng what happened to their Child...  And some of these cases go on for years with no resolve....

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey