Honored Contributor

Re: Speaking of leaving handbags unattended.....

I always have a smaller crossbody bag.

Honored Contributor

I carry very little in my bag.  I carry a very little bag come to think of it.  I don't drag around much, so if it were stolen, it would not be such a big deal.  I'd have to call my bank and the DMV.  And my health carrier.  

Respected Contributor

I never leave my bag unattended anywhere - even in church.

Honored Contributor

Usually for church I take a dressier bag so all that is in it are tissues, hand cleaner and the envelope for collection,my epi pen and my inhaler.If anyone stole it the most valuable thing they would get would probably be the purse itself. I have never seen anyone take a purse up to the alter with them for communion.

Trusted Contributor

@onlyshopsonline wrote:

When I go to mass, many times I don't even take a handbag.  If I do, I lock it in the trunk of the car.  

ETA:  My husband usually drives, so I don't need my keys or anything else in there.

I wouldn't leave my purse in the car even in the trunk of the car.  I live in a small community and not too long along there was a rash of thefts of purses/wallets taken from cars.  The thieves were targeting a local theater knowing that once the play began the parking lot was full of cars but empty of people.  One group also targeted church parking lots for the same reason.  They were hitting a lot of cars at once stealing out of glove compartments, car interiors, and trunks leaving a lot of damage behind too. 

Respected Contributor

I have always taken my shoulder bag with me, whether it is going up to take Communion or reheating my beverage at Panera's.

Since it's a short shoulder bag, it stays close to my body.

When I go to Curves or to the exercise pool, the purse is hidden in the trunk of my car...not easy to see.  I leave it there until I get into my garage.

i have often seen elderly women leave their opened purses on the chair beside them at a local diner.  I try to call their attention to the situation before any harm is done.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

All you achieve leaving a purse in the car is that people break into and damage your car in an attempt to get the purse. 

Honored Contributor

If I bring my pocketbook with me, I don't leave it unattended.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

If I bring my pocketbook with me, I don't leave it unattended.

@GCR18

Pocketbook! I don't hear that word much anymore. My grandma used to say that, and I think it a lot when I grab my purse, but don't hear it spoken much! 

Thanks for the memory!

Esteemed Contributor

I only take my keys, sunglasses, and my tithing envelope with me to mass.