Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,655
Registered: ‎06-29-2010

Ewwww Corn Dogs.  Extremely high sodium, fat and artificial coloring and flavors.  No, no corn dogs for me or my husband.  We don't do them or like them. 

I don't like our County Fair as the gangs and low life have made them so dangerous and uncomfortable for those that aren't like them. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,623
Registered: ‎06-15-2015

Used to treat myself to a elephant ear..once with cherry pie filling on it...was messy but i loved it.

 

Smiley LOL

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,362
Registered: ‎03-28-2015

I usually only have a french fry with vinegar.......Fair food doesn't appeal to me anymore....

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,051
Registered: ‎08-05-2011

@Love Roses wrote:

Ewwww Corn Dogs.  Extremely high sodium, fat and artificial coloring and flavors.  No, no corn dogs for me or my husband.  We don't do them or like them. 

I don't like our County Fair as the gangs and low life have made them so dangerous and uncomfortable for those that aren't like them. 


...................................................

 

I agree with everything you posted.  

My husband and I eat healthy.  And stay away from dangerous areas.  Crowds are never a good place to be.  

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,655
Registered: ‎06-29-2010

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

@Love Roses wrote:

Ewwww Corn Dogs.  Extremely high sodium, fat and artificial coloring and flavors.  No, no corn dogs for me or my husband.  We don't do them or like them. 

I don't like our County Fair as the gangs and low life have made them so dangerous and uncomfortable for those that aren't like them. 


...................................................

 

I agree with everything you posted.  

My husband and I eat healthy.  And stay away from dangerous areas.  Crowds are never a good place to be.  


My husband is extremely 'sensitive' to the energy or lack thereof of various folks/crowds/places/areas.  I am more a one on one.  Some folks are just completely lost.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,459
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

I like to try the new "deep fried" of the day item.


I've tried them all:  Twinkies, Milky Ways, Snickers, Oreos.  If you can put it on a stick and dip it in batter and fry it, I'm in.

 

You only need a couple of bites and you do have to eat these the second they come out of the fryer otherwise they get gross pretty quickly.


When they are fried correctly at the right temperature, they can be heaven on a stick.

 

 

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,178
Registered: ‎09-02-2010

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I like to try the new "deep fried" of the day item.


I've tried them all:  Twinkies, Milky Ways, Snickers, Oreos.  If you can put it on a stick and dip it in batter and fry it, I'm in.

 

You only need a couple of bites and you do have to eat these the second they come out of the fryer otherwise they get gross pretty quickly.


When they are fried correctly at the right temperature, they can be heaven on a stick.

 

 


I've never tried any of those.   Deep fried ice cream is pretty good.  Of course it's not all created equal.   I've had really good and not so good.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,208
Registered: ‎04-27-2015

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@italia8140 wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

This may be a stupid question, but I've always wondered . . . what is a corn dog?


 After you know what they are, you probably wouldn't eat one. They're GROSS.


Why is it gross? Its just a hot dog in cornmeal batter that has been deep fried. Not exactly some sort of foreign food that taste bad.


Check out the ingredients in a hot dog. JUNK. Deep fried food is greasy and unhealthy.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,208
Registered: ‎04-27-2015

@Love Roses wrote:

Ewwww Corn Dogs.  Extremely high sodium, fat and artificial coloring and flavors.  No, no corn dogs for me or my husband.  We don't do them or like them. 

I don't like our County Fair as the gangs and low life have made them so dangerous and uncomfortable for those that aren't like them. 


 DITTO.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,627
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

No, fair food isn't healthy food and it doesn't claim to be.  It's meant to be fun, to be eaten occasionally, not as regular daily fare.