Esteemed Contributor

Re: Speaking of car buying. Care to share a thought or 2?

@SeaMaiden:  When we bought a three year old Buick (very low miles) from dealer they provided carfax on the car; that helped us make our decision.

Super Contributor

Hi all .... NEW UPDATE:

We bought a 2018 Honda CR-V yesterday!

We live in NC and they didn't have a FWD on the lot in the color we wanted, so it's on a truck somewhere en-route. Colors are very limited since the 2019's  are coming soon.

It should be at the dealership by Aug. 18 or sooner. All the paperwork is done and signed off on. Now we wait. DH test drove it and immediately loved it. There was really no reason to wait and search any more. Seems everyone loves them. I think we will, too, as soon as we get used to all the features that aren't on our old 1987 and 1995 vehicles.

I'm so glad to have this search and decision making over with!!

Thanks everyone for all your thoughts and suggestions. It really was very helpful to have such a cross section of opinions. Heart Heart

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I buy new because I want the warranty.  I have a small SUV and it is the best thing I've ever driven.  I can see out so much better and it is easier to get in and out.  It's so convenient to put the groceries or things I need to carry in the back!

The bells and whistles are wonderful if you have back and side looking cameras to tell you where the cars are around you and whether it is safe to backup or change lanes.  It helps so much. 

If you have cell phones, hands-free calling is wonderful.

Find a car or small SUV you like to drive and buy it!  If you get a new one, enjoy a brand new car and no repair bills for a few years. 

@Sooner I too have a small SUV that I love (RAV-4) with all the bells and whistles listed above.  I always buy new cars and keep them forever. Once they begin to cause me issues I offer them to a relative who fixes it up enough to use locally as a second car since I won't get much for a trade in anyway.