Honored Contributor

Speaking of calendars, what one is most prominent in your home?

We use the one from Wounded Warriors.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Speaking of calendars, what one is most prominent in your home?

Whatever is free.

I already have a free one from my Medicare HMO but my pharmacy usually has free ones as well, I haven't been there this month yet to see.

I buy one from Amtrak every year, just because I love a train. It's a small poster I display on my fridge.

I use the calendar on my smart phone because I can make notes & appointments.   I use it much like a journal.    I would never buy a calendar just to have a calendar, my Amtrak calendar is more for looks.

Respected Contributor

The one in my kitchen is from Boy's Town and the one I use in my loft is from Paralyzed Veterans. I support both.

Esteemed Contributor

RI monthly magazine does a breast cancer calendar each year.   The pictures are of  breast cancer survivors and of those who were sadly lost to the disease.   Their photos are taken at their favorite RI location such as the Newport bridge, etc.   It's a lovely way to remember them and support the cause. As a survivor myself I will never take my health for granted.   ( I have not been photographed ).

We also support Best Friends animal sanctuary and that is my secondary calendar.

Honored Contributor

Golden retriever puppiesHeart wall calendar. I buy one every year from Walmart.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our new one for the kitchen is Goats in Trees.  SO stinking funny each page. I saw this calendar last year but someone bought us an OSU cal last year for 2018 so we were obligated to use this one. Of course my husband being one of thousands of OSU fans. This one is/was cool too, each month was a depiction of a very old football game, DH will stash this one in his 'scrapbook' of fan favs.

He does love the new one though - who doesn't love the goats in trees afterall!!!!

We do and have for years gotten many free ones in the mail though. And we do use them too - in the basement and one in our bedroom.

Respected Contributor

Free calendar as a subscriber to The Washington Post.

Respected Contributor

For several years, I had a calendar hanging on the side of my kitchen that was pics from around my island in Florida. I loved seeing the pics, but it was a waste of money because I never actually used the calendar so I quit buying it. Any "free" calendars that I receive just get recycled.  I keep everything on my phone, which syncs to my laptop and tablet. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

My town sends a calendar every year with trash & recycling schedule on it (variations due to holidays).  Also shows the school vacations and related local events like pool opening, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

The one hanging in my office is from Colonial Williamsburg........I love that place!  The pictures on it are so beautiful.

Others include St. Jude and then, small pocket sized ones.