Trusted Contributor

I feel like the world's gone mad.  Every single day one hears about senseless killings.  All sorts of horrible things from road rage to random street attacks.  Who wants to have to live with the fear you could be the next victim?  No place seems 100% safe.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

A man pulled a gun on me and verbally threatened me. He accused me of something I did while driving to work. I was getting out of my car to go inside the building where I worked and that man almost ran me over with his vehicle as he pointed his gun out the window at me and yelled bad words then drove away. I ran inside and called the police. Scared the crup out of me.

Did you report this to the police?  That's a major crime, someone pulling a gun on you.  Since you were in front of your building where you work, chances are it was recorded.

@songbird  She said she did in her post.

Esteemed Contributor
In Queens NY there was a driveway dispute. A male neighbor came back and shot into the home & wounded the father and killed a 10 yr old child who I think turned 11 today.

We have rage in general in our society and politicians add to this crisis.
Honored Contributor

What's going on right now is mind-blowing. But I refuse to give it so much oxygen that I forget that it does not overshadow the joy of life. And that joy includes watching my two grandchildren growing up and prospering. I can't imagine letting myself magnify the bad to the point where that's all I see.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

If anyone is  paying attention, the agenda certain authorities are pressing is for people to hate each other. Not surprising, with that type of attitude going around. 

@teganslaw   BINGO!

Trusted Contributor

@Stray wrote:
In Queens NY there was a driveway dispute. A male neighbor came back and shot into the home & wounded the father and killed a 10 yr old child who I think turned 11 today.

We have rage in general in our society and politicians add to this crisis.

That's not too far from where I live and it was heartbreaking to hear this.  I was sick when I saw that video.  What type of lunatic does these things???

Esteemed Contributor

I've said it before, people are nuts and getting nuttier, to say nothing of gullible.

I call them the "I had Bigfoot's baby" folks.  Remember the supermarket check out lines and the stupid rag papers with looney toon headlines.

Most folks were sane then and just rolled their eyes and laughed, now the lunitic fringe believes everything they are told.  Up is down, the sky is green and the trees are blue.

I don't see the atmosphere getting better.  I worry about my kids even though they are middle aged.  I am very glad I don't have grandkids.

Truth be told, if I were just starting out I would not bring kids into this world with the cesspool of nuts I see everyday in the news.