Honored Contributor

Kidde Fire Extinguishers has a massive recall out.  

Too many to list, you can go to their website for more info.

Just make sure you have your magnifying glass out when they ask for the model and serial number.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter- thanks for posting.  There's another thread about this, down a little ways, but it's important, so good to get the word out.

Both of our extinguishers were included.  I've already submitted the info to get replacements.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh - oh, okay, I didn't see the other one.  I rarely go past the first page of posts so didn't see it.

Both of ours were on the list too. 

I can't imagine getting the replacement in the time they stated when I filled out the form for ours.

Respected Contributor

Someone on our neighborhood blog sent word of this out yesterday. Both of ours were on the list of those being recalled. One was over 10 years old, but its replacement’s only about 2 years old and it’s being recalled, too. You definitely need a magnifying glass to read the model and serial numbers. Once you’ve crossed that hurdle, it’s very quick and easy to register online for the replacement extinguisher. The recall site is https://inmarketaction.com/Kidde/Kidde284US.

Esteemed Contributor

Yep - I had to get a magnifying glass to read the model #. I called today and mine weren't on the recall list. Very surprised.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter-

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this!

I always hear about everything first on these forums!Smiley Happy

I just let my family know.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@gidgetgh - oh, okay, I didn't see the other one.  I rarely go past the first page of posts so didn't see it.

Both of ours were on the list too. 

I can't imagine getting the replacement in the time they stated when I filled out the form for ours.

Have you gotten your replacements yet? We got ours in 2 shipments: the first replacement came a few days before Thanksgiving and the second came last week. This was much quicker than I expected. Returning the recalled extinguishers was a breeze. I just followed the instructions on the sheet that came with the replacements and FedEx picked them up.