Honored Contributor

Re: Speaking of Paper Towels...

I stopped at Publix late yesterday morning.  They had Bounty paper towels, but a next to nothing supply.  I imagine they were gone by the time I checked out.

Target, on truck delivery day, is my go to for paper towels. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Pretty much the same in my area......paper towels seem to be in shortage........usually these days either nothing or no-name brands with little quality.....but i take what i can get at this point....

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

don't use them in my house 

@jackthebear Same here. For the past 10 years I have been using Don Aslott microfiber towels sold here on the Q. I have also given up the blue cleaner Windex because water on these towels do the same job. 

Honored Contributor

@songbird    I use almost no paper towels.  I have a supply of cotton towels.  They are, of course, reusable and don't waste natural resources.  I never worry about running out.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

don't use them in my house 

@jackthebear Same here. For the past 10 years I have been using Don Aslott microfiber towels sold here on the Q. I have also given up the blue cleaner Windex because water on these towels do the same job. 

package of white terry shop towels from Costco, they last forever.

I didn't grow up using paper towels so it's not a habit for me.  

Respected Contributor

This morning we went to our local grocery store which is Fred Meyer.   They were completely out of any name brand of paper napkins.  Why napkins?   It just seemed to be such an odd item.  

Up until now, they had plenty of paper towels and napkins.   Only toilet paper was in short supply.  

I did notice that a few items were not available now.   I wonder if people are starting to hoard products again?   I certainly hope we aren't going backwards with grocery items.  

Honored Contributor

I've noticed less and less paper products on the shelf.  And I'm thinking this is the case of hoarding again.  Maybe because we we on the cusp of Fall.  Flue season, etc.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

Bounty at Amazon is gone too

I was afraid of that....

Honored Contributor

Plenty of paper towels here.....But Lysol Spray & Clorox Wipes are the things missing .......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Our paper towel supply has been back to normal for a while.

What's getting low again here is toilet paper.  Name brand availability is spotty.  The cheap stuff is readily available though.