Respected Contributor

This will probably get moved to TV & Movies, but I'm putting it in Community since several of us mistook a thread about Jose Baez to be about Joan.  Boy, did I feel better when I realized I wasn't the only one.  smile

Anyway, Great Performances will be airing her 75th birthday celebration on Fri night.  Check  your listings; I'll be seeing it on one of our PBS channels.

OK, so now back to Jose...

Esteemed Contributor

@DoneTryin wrote:

This will probably get moved to TV & Movies, but I'm putting it in Community since several of us mistook a thread about Jose Baez to be about Joan.  Boy, did I feel better when I realized I wasn't the only one.  smile

Anyway, Great Performances will be airing her 75th birthday celebration on Fri night.  Check  your listings; I'll be seeing it on one of our PBS channels.

OK, so now back to Jose...

Thanks for posting this.  I saw her perform many years ago at the University of Maryland and she was just fabulous.  I will be tuning in for sure.  I love her voice.  

Respected Contributor

She has the voice of an angel.

Valued Contributor

This already aired on our PBS.  Highly recommend this trip down memory lane.  I kept thinking, "Wow, the audience is old!"  Then I looked in the mirror.  😀

Respected Contributor

@athenian  A "special" presentation by our pbs channels as they're running yet another membership campaign.  :womanlol:

Respected Contributor

Loved the show. I guess I am getting old. I cried through much of it.

She was a big part of my youth, As she was involved with schools I attended. 

What a perfect voice, lovely songs, and wonderful person.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the heads up!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the info on Joan Baez.  Our PBS station is showing it on Tuesday night.  And, I also read Jose Baez as Joan when I first saw it.  Don't know what I was thinking.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Re: Speaking of Joan Baez

[ Edited ]

I met her over 50 years ago at her school in Carmel.  I was able to attend  The School of Non Violence for a couple sessions free as part of a paper I was working on at school.  She is really thoughtful, and very funny.  Her smile is amazing.  She is one person who looks like she did years ago, except for gray hair, LOL!

She went to my high school, but she is about 8 years older than I am, so I never met her there  She was long gone and famous by the time I hit high school.

I cannot hear her song Diamond and Rust  without falling apart.  That song is so well written and descriptive, it goes in my hall of fame.