Honored Contributor

I can't understand why they don't shut off the power to these homes. A few people have been killed by the wires lying under the water because they're still active. 

This would mean they couldn't do anything in the flooded areas at night, but I don't think they're doing much anyway then. Why do you think they're not shutting off the power?

Honored Contributor

Re: Speaking of Harvey Rescues

@beach-mom wrote:

I can't understand why they don't shut off the power to these homes. A few people have been killed by the wires lying under the water because they're still active. 

This would mean they couldn't do anything in the flooded areas at night, but I don't think they're doing much anyway then. Why do you think they're not shutting off the power?

I've wondered the same thing.    I usually turn off my outside lights during a rainstorm.......since I once had an outside "short"  blow out the entire electric inside the house.............     Also, I wouldn't want to be wading in water with LIVE outlets.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Contributor

I wondered about this as well.

@beach-mom@Desertdi

Valued Contributor

I heard on the news that they are shutting off the power at 7 am tomorrow. 

Do not know the exact location.

Esteemed Contributor

I just asked my cousin who works for centerpoint energy in Houston. They can't shut it down because some people need it for medical reasons. Not everyone has generators.