Honored Contributor

Speaking of Commercials

[ Edited ]

I am so obsessed with this commercial I actually found it on youtube so I can listen to it when I want. It mesmerizes me to sleep.

I know, I have an exciting life lol!

It's called Caricature from Liberty Mutual and the actress emphasizes the k sounds at the end-uniQue, aliKe.

Then in a soothing voice as she scrapes the brush across the page

"almost done"

ahh!😌 ok I'm insane lol!

Anyway, I kept thinkg she's such a good actress. Her expressions alone tell you what she's thinking.

Saw some comments and someone said that's Jane Bodehouse.

She has played in General Hospital,

True Blood and many other things.

The Vault Exclusive: Patricia Bethune is a perfect fit for Jane ...

I don't like the guy at the end though.

Ok this is my big distraction tool for the day 😂. 

because you know, listened to some news; mad, then sad. You get it I'm sure, so had to leave that for sanity's sake.)

You're welcome😊

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I had no idea this was the "artist" in that commercial but I recognized here immediately.

Trusted Contributor

i never would have thought anybody could love that commercial, but I read some of the Youtube comments and it appears to have a bit of a following.

Spectrum has some pretty funny commercials, like the guy who has to jump into the volcano.

The emu detective insurance commercial is beginning to grow on me, but just because the emu's always on the verge of going savage.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I haven't seen that commercial but crack up at the clogging (dance) commercial.

Honored Contributor

Re: Speaking of Commercials

[ Edited ]

I hadn't seen it, so I looked it up, and I agree - it's pretty good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdJwaw6tsuUhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdJwaw6tsuU 

On the other hand, the clogging commercial is a rarity - a GEICO ad that doesn't make me smile.

Honored Contributor

I mute the clogging commercial-

It's nervewracking!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I agree, the clogging commercial gets on my nerves but I do like the one with the sloth playing Pictionary!