Honored Contributor

What do you think you'll be doing in regards to presents this year?  Any changes, or will it be about the same?

Esteemed Contributor

Who knows? It's too early for me to think about such things.👧

Honored Contributor

For me right now it looks very much the same as last year!

Image result for merry christmas in july images

Trusted Contributor

I refuse to think about Christmas this early, especially when the temperature is in the mid 90's!  The whole thing strikes me as an event to dump last years holiday items that didn't sell.  

Respected Contributor

I'm not even thinking about buying gifts yet.  It's July.  LOL

I imagine I will buy the same amount as I did last year.

I do want to put a Christmas Tree in my bedroom this year.  Haven't decided what size yet.  I wouldn't buy one from QVC though. 

Honored Contributor

I am not interested in any holiday being pushed way before its time.

I have enough to take care of on a daily basis.  I enjoy holidays but for me, and I'm speaking only for me, focusing on something months away detracts from living for the moment.

jmoymmv

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

My list will be about the same.

Respected Contributor

Re: Speaking of CIJ

[ Edited ]

My Christmas shopping is already done & it's the same as last year. I did downsize gifting several years ago when I lost my pension. 

Respected Contributor

Honestly, I am leaning more towards gift cards and an ornament type gift.  I used to go the thoughtful route but everything is so immediate these days that what people want they go right out and get.  Sad comment on the times or not,  it seems Money IS the thoughtful gift these days.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal

Sadly some family members (parents, aunts, uncles) and even a dear friend recently passed away from cancer.  So our circle of friends and relatives has shrunk and no young kids---they are all young adults now.  (although I do give a movie or game to my friend's family as a group./family present)...............  

The Christmas season isn't so much about presents anymore ....  so gift exchange is a small token gift (sometimes a donation to a favorite charity) gifts are exchanged with just a few friends and a few special co-workers, my relatives have decided long ago to abandon gift giving and just use it as a time to get together for Christmas Eve service, a dinner on Christmas Day , and spend Christmas Eve/Christmas Day to visit and play some fun games (Cranium, Trivial Pursuit, Scattegories etc........)  So we plan to continue with this tradition..................  I think we enjoy the holidays more, I remember when Christmas gift purchasing was hectic, stressful, and expensive and there was little time to really enjoy the Christmas season...................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”