Respected Contributor

Re: Spam Calls From Apple/ICloud

I've had Nomorobo for years now, which stops the robo calls after one ring.  Lately, most of the calls I've been getting are not being detected as robo calls.  It seems they have found a way to beat the system.  It's so bad that I've been deleting 6-10 "missed calls" on my phone most every day.  (I never pick up calls, and I'm not home much.)  I have 3 extensions that ring so much I've had to replace the batteries in each of them several times!  I consider this to be a major invasion of my privacy, but I see no way to stop it.

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

I got this call today for the first time and I don't own any Apple products.  

Respected Contributor

I don't get calls (but I don't answer unknown numbers so who knows)  but I get texts and emails like this.  Most of the emails end up in the spam folder.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree : My message said from Apple but with a LasVegas number. Received 3 calls today and I have a call blocker plus the no robo, but still getting calls and I don't answer the phone. Southern Bee

Regular Contributor

We started getting this call today also. They started around 3:30 and between 4:02 and 4:24 we got 3 more. We ended up with 6 calls from this number.  It was getting on my last nerve. There were 2 calls that were 4 min. apart. It just never ends with these calls.

Honored Contributor

@nekodaisy : So far 5 calls today.😳😳Southern Bee

Esteemed Contributor

My smart phone is set to send these calls to Do Not Disturb so I don't even hear them but can see them if I choose to look.

Wow, racking up numbers to totally block this week.  

Never leave a message, so can only assume it is these folks.  Wonder what set them off?

Esteemed Contributor

I got the email version of this scam.

Respected Contributor

We received the Apple scam call today. It's a recording stating a device was compromised.  Ignored it. 

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the warnings! 

@KingstonsMom