Honored Contributor

Re: Spaghetti for Thanksgiving.. Haha! (Major snow coming?)

We have a funny family story.

Back when my late uncle was courting my aunt, he went to her Italian family home for Thanksgiving. They had spaghetti, salad, meatballs, sausage and spareribs...a whole Italian meal.

His background was Irish, but he found the food delicious and ate two helpings.

THEN the turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, etc. came out of the kitchen. He was almost green - he was so stuffed!!!!

He had no idea my grandparents celebrated every holiday with Old World AND American feasts!

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/23/2014 terrier3 said:

Back when my late uncle was courting my aunt, he went to her Italian family home for Thanksgiving. They had spaghetti, salad, meatballs, sausage and spareribs...a whole Italian meal.

THEN the turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, etc. came out of the kitchen. He was almost green - he was so stuffed!!!!

He had no idea my grandparents celebrated every holiday with Old World AND American feasts!

That's a cute story Terrier! lol. Thanks for sharing!

Ah yes just an update concerning weather. As of Sunday night (tonight) the weather peeps are so far saying 6 to 8 inches for Wed./Wed. night. So I will probably cook T Giving instead of going out because in our little country town here they wont be plowing until T-Giving night! (for sure).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

There is something coming. The wind is howling here today, blowing from the North. The temp has dropped like a rock and it's snowing in the mountains.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Snowing here in the upper Midwest too, so, get ready people!!! Gobble gobble!!!

Honored Contributor

We had a flight out of Newark scheduled for tomorrow night. They've rebooked it already for Thanksgiving Day.

Respected Contributor

On 11/23/2014 terrier3 said:

Poor man!

On my mother's side of the family, they used to have lasagna and then the whole conventional Thanksgiving feast. TOO much food! They'd be having leftovers for days. After my grandmother's wonderful lasagna, nobody had an appetite for turkey.

Honored Contributor

Back at Thanksgiving 1980 my Mom got mad at her twin sisters and did not want to go to the family dinner. Even though I was almost 19 she asked if I would stay with her and skip the dinner I said no problem. Except this all happened that morning back when Thanksgiving was a all stores ""closed"" holiday so we had to fix what Mom had on hand with was Spaghetti. Oh well did not need the calories at 19 anyway.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

On 11/25/2014 lulu2 said:

We had a flight out of Newark scheduled for tomorrow night. They've rebooked it already for Thanksgiving Day.

I hope you're heading someplace warm! (We're supposed to get 3-6" tomorrow - possibly)

Happy Thanksgiving, Lulu! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Valued Contributor

OMG, TERRIER, THAT italian meal your grandfather was served sounds delicious. I'm glad I am making lasagna for dinner tonight, because reading your post made my mouth water.

I hope everyone has a safe, and very Happy Thanksgiving.

Honored Contributor

On 11/25/2014 MJ 12 said:
On 11/25/2014 lulu2 said:

I hope you're heading someplace warm! (We're supposed to get 3-6" tomorrow - possibly)

Happy Thanksgiving, Lulu! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, MJ!

We are heading to (sunny & warm) LA. It looks like we will now be here for tomorrow's snow. (Believe it or not, I love snow.)