Esteemed Contributor

Spaghetti for Thanksgiving.. Haha! (Major snow coming?)

I just noticed the Eastern PA weather authority on my facebook page posted a potential for a MAJOR snow storm here on the most heavily traveled day of the year! (Wednesday/Wednesday evening).

I'll believe it when I see it because its supposed to hit 70 on Monday after being way below average in temps here the past days (as in the teens!).

I joked with my husband, and said well we may be eating Spaghetti on Thanksgiving (which wouldn't bother me!..lol) because we travel 45 minutes away to a restaurant on T- Giving.

(Im kidding, I will pick up some turkey etc if I see its "for sure" come Monday or Tuesday).

Anyway I hope it doesn't snow for all the travelers sakes!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Re: Spaghetti for Thanksgiving.. Haha! (Major snow coming?)

Shorty, I would be very happy with a bowl of salad, spaghetti and meatballs and some crusty bread on Thursday because I am not a fan of turkey.

Respected Contributor

Many of my Italian friends serve their traditional spaghetti right along with the other Thanksgiving dinner dishes.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Trusted Contributor

I hope the storm doesn't get you too badly. And any of us can give thanks and enjoy a special time over anything if our hearts are in the right place!

Regular Contributor

Sounds refreshing actually. Some of the fancy dinners I have been to with a fraternal group -- don't remember what they called the dinners -- had seven courses and pasta was one of them.

I remember a woman I worked with one time who rented an apartment in a two family house with an Italian family downstairs. She was not going to her family for Thanksgiving and they invited her to dinner. She said they had spaghetti and thought this was their custom and that was the whole meal and ate a lot. The next course was a traditional turkey dinner as we know it. She said she was happy she lived downstairs since she ate so much she didn't think she could have climbed the stairs.

Super Contributor

Our Nona always had spaghetti or ravioli for both Thanksgiving & Christmas along with turkey and dressing. It was really a special day when we had ravioli.....so that sounds pretty good to me......hope everyone traveling for Thanksgiving has a safe journey...
Esteemed Contributor

Yes I love spaghetti also and am Italian.lol. But I was joking. We will go get turkey if the storms coming and cook at home. Its a bit early for this prediction IMO so Im hoping they are wrong!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

On 11/22/2014 Shorty2U said:

Yes I love spaghetti also and am Italian.lol. But I was joking. We will go get turkey if the storms coming and cook at home. Its a bit early for this prediction IMO so Im hoping they are wrong!

I'm hoping they are wrong too. Send it to south central PA!

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Trusted Contributor

It doesn't matter what you eat on Thanksgiving...just be thankful for your blessings.
Respected Contributor

Everybody watch the weather forecasts carefully and be prepared. And have a happy Thanksgiving wherever you are and whatever the food is.Smiley Happy

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••