Valued Contributor

Re: SpaceX Heavy Rocket Launch/Return is Successful!

This Elon Musk is unbelievable!

Honored Contributor

@TenderMercies

Yes, apparently when watching the live feed on YouTube, if one runs it up to approximately 45 min you will be near the end this is when the battery quit.

A Twitter poster asked SpaceX Elon Musk directly and the response was this end part of the video.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@momtochloe@Elri @TenderMercies@qualitygal@maximillian

This article is new to me...maybe you all will enjoy!

http://www.space.com/39612-spacex-starman-tesla-roadster-live-views.html

Honored Contributor

Hey, I think I saw that Tesla going over my house this morning. The robot waved at me!

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 thank you SO MUCH for posting that link!  I have seen snippets from the Tesla but that whole site is something I would love to explore.  Thank you again!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe

So glad you are going to delve into that site! Me too, I can hardly wait!

@151949

#starman is so cool 😎!

Honored Contributor

Space exploration has been a part of my life since I was a child because my Uncle was a rocket scientist and worked for NASA and, when we were too young to stay home alone we spent all our school vacations at his home in Fl.We knew the Mercury astronauts -to us they were just our Uncle's friends. Saw a lot of launches. Around '63 I was old enough to no longer need to go to Florida & thru my teen years I did not have as much interest in space, but it picked back up when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Space exploration has been a part of my life since I was a child because my Uncle was a rocket scientist and worked for NASA and, when we were too young to stay home alone we spent all our school vacations at his home in Fl.We knew the Mercury astronauts -to us they were just our Uncle's friends. Saw a lot of launches. Around '63 I was old enough to no longer need to go to Florida & thru my teen years I did not have as much interest in space, but it picked back up when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon.

What cherished memories those must be for you @151949.  Not only giants in the field of space exploration but just wonderful people to have in your life at that age!  How inspiring!