Honored Contributor

The drought situation is bad but it's not as bad as it was in Dec 2020....the worst in 7 years.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

Oh no!  Had no idea the SW didn't get the usual monsoon moisture 2020.  Ours skips some years, we did get plenty of snow in March here in Colorado to make up any deficit.

Truly, rain dance, seeding clouds, prayer, hopefully this year will turn around.  

Esteemed Contributor

I hear you. I live in California, and we're facing another drought too.  I'm worried about the coming wildfires. Last year was bad, and I fear how bad they are going to be this year.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

That is really an eye opener.  I was born in Southern CA and it is amazing to me how "brown" it is  down there now.  I live in the PNW now so maybe it is just the comparison.  

Honored Contributor

Fire broke out in the bosque (woods on either side of the Rio Grande) South of Albuquerque today and is being fought by firefighters. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   see that small orange dot on the east coast of southern Florida.  I live just north of it and the predicted rains miss us time after time.  Where there is not watering going on, it’s just dry and sad

Esteemed Contributor

N.E. AZ at 6500 ft.  No monsoon last Summer was a bummer; we had to water front and back yard daily ( usually not necessary from 7/15- 9/15).  Didn't notice a big difference in Saguaros on way down to Phoenix but last 5 years in Santa Maria CA have been an eye opener ( watering restrictions, replacing lawns with succulents, BIL had to sell all his cattle on his ranch due to little grass for them to graze ).  Hope we can get over this, maybe some new ideas are in order.  In the mountains we are very worried about Fire Season.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@SilleeMee   see that small orange dot on the east coast of southern Florida.  I live just north of it and the predicted rains miss us time after time.  Where there is not watering going on, it’s just dry and sad

@millieshops 

Yes, I see where that is. It's strange how some spots get so dry and have less rain. Is that area in a valley or next to some hills maybe? That can cause no rain in some places. 

Honored Contributor

I just recently bought the Lug duffle that was on clearance......so I could pack up quickly....and get out of here if there is an "evacuation".

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@Desertdi   I also bought that Lug duffle last year and thought I'd use it to travel to see my kids in L.A.  Of course with the COVID situation it's sitting unused.

Never thought of it for the purpose you mentioned but thanks for the idea!!