Felt in San Diego county...
Super Contributor

Re: Southern California earthquake 12/4

It's not 11:41 pm yet. 

Honored Contributor

@dimin wrote:

It's not 11:41 pm yet. 

@dimin  edited my OP for 9:41 PST...I'm in CST and that is what google had for me here. I just forgot to post it for PST.

Respected Contributor

There was a small earthquake (2.1) in the small town of Milford, NJ, on Dec. 3.They a lso had one back in August. Doesn't happen too often in this neck of the woods. It's not all that far from me, but I didn't feel anything from it. Hope everyone is okay in CA.

Honored Contributor

When I lived in San Francisco we had small earthquakes all the time.  We had two 5.4 & 5.3 one basically after the other one time.  When you hit a 5 earthquake things start shaking.  2 and 3 even 4 are no big deal but I am glad I moved back to the Midwest.  I also lived in San Diego for a couple of months when I was a teenager.  Never felt an earthquake there.  there is more action in Northern Calif.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

When I lived in San Francisco we had small earthquakes all the time.  We had two 5.4 & 5.3 one basically after the other one time.  When you hit a 5 earthquake things start shaking.  2 and 3 even 4 are no big deal but I am glad I moved back to the Midwest.  I also lived in San Diego for a couple of months when I was a teenager.  Never felt an earthquake there.  there is more action in Northern Calif.

@Katcat1 

I lived in Northern California for 25 years and experienced several earthquakes including Loma Prieta in 1989.

But my very first earthquake was in my hometown of Chicago when I was in elementary school.  Yup -- Chicago.  November 9, 1968.

ETA:

We were living in a third floor apartment on Sheridan Road.  It was a Saturday morning and I was sitting on the radiator cover near the window of my mother's bedroom.  Definitely felt that one.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

People in California don't pay attention to such a little quake. Takes about a 4.6 or higher.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Yep, that was nothing compared to the Northridge quake I remember from years ago.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Yep, that was nothing compared to the Northridge quake I remember from years ago.

January 1994, magnitude 6.7.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee 

I remember seeing multiple floor apartment buildings reduced to a single level, it was horrifying!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.