Regular Contributor

South FL Residents ~ Please Be Mindful Of Senior Citizens Neighbors

My prayers go out to everyone in the path of Hurricane Irma.  I, myself have close family members and dear friends in South FL and the neighboring southern states most likely in its path.  I would just like to ask everyone to please be mindful if you have neighbors who are senior citizens or who may be alone and need assistance. Please check on them and make sure they are not alone.   I lived in South FL for ten years and I remember only too well what you are all going through. (I was there for Andrew and multiple others).  I was fortunate that I had family and friends there but others may not be so fortunate.   No one should go through this alone.  May God bless and protect all of you.

Honored Contributor

Re: South FL Residents ~ Please Be Mindful Of Senior Citizens Neighbors

[ Edited ]

Such a sweet and thoughtful post, @Bubbles219.    Thank you for the reminder.   I will pray for your friends and family, and for all who are in anguish and peril.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Son & DDI taking in couple wife isn't well they live in mobile home. Along with their cats apparently they have done this before with the elderly couple. Wasn't surprised both loving and compassionate.
Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Son & DDI taking in couple wife isn't well they live in mobile home. Along with their cats apparently they have done this before with the elderly couple. Wasn't surprised both loving and compassionate.

I heard the Governor of FL say that all the seniors and elderly were being checked on. And those that must move, transportation and accommodations are being made for them.