Honored Contributor

Re: Soul therapy for the weekend+

@dex wrote:

We have otters at the lake where I stay in the summer.They are cute but mean.Once someone was bitten as they dove in for a swim.

@dex 

Maybe Otter felt his/her home was being invaded and / or babies were in danger.  Creatures living on their own, in the wild and all that.  😕

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe @I have no doubt you are right but that doesn’t make swimming feel safe.These otters are depleting the lake of crayfish and small fish that used to be in abundance...hopefully when they have cleaned out the lake they will move to better hunting grounds,

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Drythe @I have no doubt you are right but that doesn’t make swimming feel safe.These otters are depleting the lake of crayfish and small fish that used to be in abundance...hopefully when they have cleaned out the lake they will move to better hunting grounds,

@dex 

Knowing we are both animal lovers, I say this with all respect, and real concern for all creatures.

I hope there are better, safer hunting grounds available to them. 

All my my life I have enjoyed watching them in the wild.  Last year over 97,000 people relocated to my sate, many of the places that had been their homes are now condo sites.  Maybe they came to your lake because of a similar circumstance, or maybe they were there all along.  I hope we will be able to leave room for them too.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras