Honored Contributor

Re: Sorry To Sound Like A Broken Record But

@HLP wrote:

@Teddixat wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2    I am so sorry for you.   That humidity is the worst.  I grew up in NE PA and I remember those humid days.   We lived in an old house with no AC and upstairs was like an oven.   That was a long time ago,way before climate change so I know the weather has gotten hotter.    Just keep cold towels on the back of your neck which should help, a little.

I'm not into the climate change stuff. I remember as a child we had horrible hot weather just like we have now. And winters were severe too.We had tornado's, severe storms and just like now unsettled weather. Climate change is not happening, and even if it was , how much money do we need to tell the man upstairs to change it? And will he listen.? Wish someone would come up with the answers? As for cooling your home, invest in some small fans, they are not that expensive, and do a world of good.

@HLP    Statistics and thousands of scientists say you are dead wrong.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@HLP wrote:

@Teddixat wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2    I am so sorry for you.   That humidity is the worst.  I grew up in NE PA and I remember those humid days.   We lived in an old house with no AC and upstairs was like an oven.   That was a long time ago,way before climate change so I know the weather has gotten hotter.    Just keep cold towels on the back of your neck which should help, a little.

I'm not into the climate change stuff. I remember as a child we had horrible hot weather just like we have now. And winters were severe too.We had tornado's, severe storms and just like now unsettled weather. Climate change is not happening, and even if it was , how much money do we need to tell the man upstairs to change it? And will he listen.? Wish someone would come up with the answers? As for cooling your home, invest in some small fans, they are not that expensive, and do a world of good.

Joe the weatherman says I'm right. Scientist are guessers. So how are they going to change it. Put windmills in my backyard. ?

Honored Contributor

@HLP    Google it.  There are thousands of websites and pages of data if one is willing to put forth the effort.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

There IS "climate change" and then there is weather.  Not the same things climate and weather.

Climates do change, continents move, and always will.  PBS shows mention it all time even back to dinosaurs ages--and it happens, has happened and will happen. It's an earth process.

So you have all these people and the population is growing leaps and bounds and how are we going to sustain the population?  People run around the globe and spread disease which will probably kill us all.

And all the while the climate chanages.  Did you ever stop and think how GREENland got it's name?  We won't hurt or destroy planet earth.  Might get rid of humans, but the earth will be fine! 

Trusted Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

There IS "climate change" and then there is weather.  Not the same things climate and weather.

Climates do change, continents move, and always will.  PBS shows mention it all time even back to dinosaurs ages--and it happens, has happened and will happen. It's an earth process.

So you have all these people and the population is growing leaps and bounds and how are we going to sustain the population?  People run around the globe and spread disease which will probably kill us all.

And all the while the climate chanages.  Did you ever stop and think how GREENland got it's name?  We won't hurt or destroy planet earth.  Might get rid of humans, but the earth will be fine! 

Agree 1000%.  Instead of emphasizing "saving the planet" which will survive regardless, the emphasis should be on "saving civilization/humans."  We cannot control the climate.  We can control how we adapt to it .

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@HLP wrote:

@Teddixat wrote:

This planet has had major changes since the beginning of time, b4 global warming was even thought of. Have we added to it? Yes we have, but Mother Natrure is going to do what she wants to do. No stopping that.

Valued Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@HLP wrote:

@Teddixat wrote:

Joe the weatherman says I'm right. Scientist are guessers. So how are they going to change it. Put windmills in my backyard. ?

No hun, scientists are not "guessers".  Anyone can be a guesser. I can guess. Does that now make me a scientist? Scientist deal in facts and hard data. They don't guess.