Honored Contributor

Re: Sorry, But You Can't Give Hearts to this Post!!

@SANNA wrote:

I still do not get how the heart system works.  Not that I care much, but I see notices above about people giving me hearts, but when I see my posts the hearts inside them are always grey. So I really do not understand what this is all about and how to give a heart to someone.

@SANNA  To give a heart to a post you like, click on the heart at the bottom of their post.  The reason your own posts show a grayed-out heart is because we can't "heart" our own posts.

If you want to see who gave you a heart, you can either click on the box (with a number if you got a heart) next to the heart at the bottom of one of your posts, or you can go to the "notifications" link next to your name at the top of these pages.   You can also click on your user name and scroll down a little to see how many hearts total you've received.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

fortune...When I saw the title of your thread, my first thought was that you were asking posters not to "heart"  you because you don't like this feature!...Aren't you feeling the Love now! LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

Thanks, Homegirls. So I understand when we look at our own posts we see them grayed out but everyonelse's hearts are in red?

I know how to check who gave me hearts, I just do not know that gray/ red situation.

Silly business but curious.

Honored Contributor

@SANNA  You've got it!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Sounds like abuse of the hearts.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

@fortune wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

Your cursor was probably over the heart in your own post instead of over the little box next to the heart.  The system doesn't allow a poster to give hearts to his or her own post.

Wow, I feel like a doofus!  Thanks, Homegirl!!

Shoekitty said

Don't feel bad at all, LOL!  I am reminded of the time I called my messages.  There was a robo type call from my Dr's office asking me to press 1 to confirm appt, press 2 to cancel.  I was on there forever pressing the 1 to confirm my appt.  I then realized it was a message I was responding to.  Brother, talk about a few sanwiches short of a picnic!!

Hi, Shoekitty!  I always love your posts!   I thought I had "heart trouble!" Thanks, everyone, for your "hearty" reponse!!!

Respected Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

@fortune wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

Your cursor was probably over the heart in your own post instead of over the little box next to the heart.  The system doesn't allow a poster to give hearts to his or her own post.

Wow, I feel like a doofus!  Thanks, Homegirl!!

Shoekitty said

Don't feel bad at all, LOL!  I am reminded of the time I called my messages.  There was a robo type call from my Dr's office asking me to press 1 to confirm appt, press 2 to cancel.  I was on there forever pressing the 1 to confirm my appt.  I then realized it was a message I was responding to.  Brother, talk about a few sanwiches short of a picnic!!

Hi, Shoekitty!  I always love your posts!   I thought I had "heart trouble!" Thanks, everyone, for your "hearty" reponse!!!

This new forum can be heart to figure out sometimes. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Was there another thread about hearts or did I dream it?  I well remember posting but can't find it.  LOL wonder why?  It wasn't bad or controversial, funny how some posts last and last but some are selectively disposed of.  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee