Respected Contributor

Sorry, But You Can't Give Hearts to this Post!!

When I clicked to see who gave me two hearts for my post, a notification came up, "sorry, but you can't give hearts to this post."  I guess they decided on a limit of two hearts for my post?  What's with this CONTROL of the board and its functions?  Is a techie sitting in his or her cubicle counting hearts for goodness sakes??

Honored Contributor

Re: Sorry, But You Can't Give Hearts to this Post!!

@fortune wrote:

When I clicked to see who gave me two hearts for my post, a notification came up, "sorry, but you can't give hearts to this post."  I guess they decided on a limit of two hearts for my post?  What's with this CONTROL of the board and its functions?  Is a techie sitting in his or her cubicle counting hearts for goodness sakes??

I was still able to give you a heart even though it said that...SMH on all of this 'heart' stuff and 'contributor' levels...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Your cursor was probably over the heart in your own post instead of over the little box next to the heart.  The system doesn't allow a poster to give hearts to his or her own post.

I was just reminded of the time I called my phone carrier to complain I couldn't access the message system when I punched *9.  Wouldn't you know I was actually punching #9.  i was too embarrassed to admit it to the customer service rep.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Your cursor was probably over the heart in your own post instead of over the little box next to the heart.  The system doesn't allow a poster to give hearts to his or her own post.

Wow, I feel like a doofus!  Thanks, Homegirl!!

Honored Contributor

Yes, it's just that you can't heart yourself.

Here, I'll go give you one Smiley Happy  It will show on your number above and your notifications.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Here I gave you a heart too!!! 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

I was about to write the same thing so I will. You clicked on your HEART.

Esteemed Contributor

Forturne, were you tricking us into giving you all those hearts? lol.

Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

Wow, I feel like a doofus!  Thanks, Homegirl!!

Shoekitty said

Don't feel bad at all, LOL!  I am reminded of the time I called my messages.  There was a robo type call from my Dr's office asking me to press 1 to confirm appt, press 2 to cancel.  I was on there forever pressing the 1 to confirm my appt.  I then realized it was a message I was responding to.  Brother, talk about a few sanwiches short of a picnic!!

Respected Contributor

I still do not get how the heart system works.  Not that I care much, but I see notices above about people giving me hearts, but when I see my posts the hearts inside them are always grey. So I really do not understand what this is all about and how to give a heart to someone.