Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Songs that turn on the tears

Good Riddance by Green Day

The Edge of Glory by Lady Gaga. She wrote this when her grandpa was dying. 

Million Reasons by Gaga. Gets me every time I hear it. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Fire and Rain - James Taylor

Seagull - Bad Company

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I'm not a real emotional person and normally movies, songs, etc. don't make me tear up but there is a song we've done in my church choir that I can hardly get through.  I know the song as "This, I Know" but I'm unable to find it on the JW Pepper site or elsewhere.  I might even have the title wrong.  (It's not the song by that group called Crowder.....that's all I could find by googling and youtubing the title)

Is it "Jesus Loves me, this I know" ?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cat's in the Cradle is also a sad song.

ETA: Any branch of the military songs, or The National Anthem. (To go with that, to watch the AF Thunderbirds, wells me with such pride my tears well up and my chest about bursts.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole..."Chestnuts roasting on an open fire". My Dad had a beautiful singing voice and would sing this song. This past December I was driving home from work and it came on radio. Tears started to flow. My Dad has been gone over 20 yrs. Even in middle age I miss my parents.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can't let this thread time out without adding

"He Ain't Heavy (He's My Brother")

and

"Turn Around" (I think that's the name.  "Turn around and he's 2,

turn around and he's 4, turn around and he's a young man walking out of the door.")

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@DowntonAbbey, I am so impressed to know that you appreciate Leon Russell!  Not many do, his talent was never fully understood.  Saw many of his concerts & I am a die-hard fan.  

Sarah McLachlan singing In The Arms Of An Angel grips my heart & then some.  Adele & her HELLO song has brought back memories & yes, tears for personal reasons.  

At at the end of the day, I am a dedicated patriot; our National Anthem gets me every time.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Miranda Lambert's. "The House That Built Me".  I moved every 3 years while growing up in the military.  When I hear that song I start thinking about all of the houses I've lived in and how much I miss my dad.  I've driven by the houses I lived in and I just want to ask the owner if I could just see my bedroom again.  But, I don't. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Wind Beneath My Wings

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Boyz 2 Men & Mariah Carey "One Sweet Day", I was saying good bye to my Dad on his final day when this song came on the radio, I can barely make it through the song!

RIP Daddy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXxRyNvTPr8