Honored Contributor

Re: Songs that got you through a difficult time?

"Take My Hand, Precious Lord"

Honored Contributor

Ninety-Nine Bottles Of Beer

Esteemed Contributor

@Chrystaltree2 wrote:

There are songs I like but I can honestly say no song or little tune  could help me deal with a difficult personal situation.  

That's too bad. Certain music types and specific songs I have used for many things in my life, not exclusively for difficult times. I have used them for Mental Imagery along with Visualization before many competitions/surgeries and near death experiences.

They always helped me see and reach that sometimes elusive, "Light at the end of the tunnel"

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I love music but I can't say that any specific song or songs ever helped me through a difficult time.  The Saturday Night Fever soundtrack inspires me to walk briskly, though.

Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy by Pharrell Williams.

I quite literally can't stay either angry or unhappy when I'm listening to this song. It literally lifts my mood. lol, it's on my iphone and it's on my regular playlist. 

Below it the a link to the 24 hour version of Happy that Pharrell had made available on a special website for a long time. The site doesn't seem to work anymore, but you can listen to the 24 hour version on this YouTube link. 

Enjoy!!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

P.S. Before that I think Eye of the Tiger and I Will Survive were two of the songs that helped turn my mood to a more positive aspect. @GingerPeach, thank you for starting this thread. Smiley Happy

___

Pharrell Williams - Happy (12AM)
  • 2 years ago

___

Respected Contributor

This is a very, rich, interesting list. Each generation has its own music which resonates.

I dashed off a very brief list, but I could have listed many more. Music is such a big part of my life and I listen to all types.  After I was laid off, for example, Queen Latifha's Champion was a great one.  So I guess there are as many songs as there are situstions.

Honored Contributor

I listened to "A Different Kind Of Christmas" dozens and dozens of time after the first time I heard it.

Its message is not specific to the Christmas season. It helps me when I need it, every single time.