Honored Contributor

Re: Songs for mom & son - wedding

@Curlstotame wrote:

My son got married last year.  We danced to Rod Stewart’s Forever Young.  Google and you can read the words and hear the song.  

Absolutely my first choice.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

OMG. When my son got married 3 yrs ago, that is the song we danced to. It is beautiful

and you do need the kleenex. It is the perfect song. It's by a Vicki something.  "Song for my Son"

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you both are dancers, find a song you both can fast dance to and have a wonderful time of it.  Everyone already knows, you love each other and it's not like you are passing him on to someone else.  You all can share in the togetherness of being a family for many years to come.  Make and create a fun memory for everyone.

Came back to add: I didn't know this song.  Looked up and read the words.  I would never have made it through that song.  I think I cry too easily.  But he's an only child too.  

Occasional Contributor

My son does not like to be the center of attention, so I told him we did not have to have a dance at his wedding. .At the reception I was called out to the dance floor & surprised by my son with a dance to: A Song for my Son. it is beautiful, Had a tough time keeping the tears in check ! Enjoy your Special day with him !

Valued Contributor

This was played at My Son’s Wedding 19 years ago this past June. Very touching song and I thought very appropriate. A Song for My Son!

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Curlstotame wrote:

My son got married last year.  We danced to Rod Stewart’s Forever Young.  Google and you can read the words and hear the song.  

Absolutely my first choice.

@faeriemoon  @CurlstotameLove this choice! 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you all for the suggestions and resources. I had no idea where to look or what I could possibly choose. Wow,a few really made me cry.  

Esteemed Contributor

OMG, I have three sons.  I had never heard that song, A Song for My Son.

Made it thru two verses and could not take it anymore and had to turn it off.  There is no way I could dance to that without balling.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I have four song to suggest:

1. Sweetest Devotion by Adele ( this is new and fresh, a song written for her son).

2. God Only Knows by The Beach Boys ( my favorite Beach Boys song and a masterpiece).

3. What A Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong ( don't know why but this song gets me all the time).

4. In My Life by The Beatles ( it's a beautiful song and hey, it's The Beatles what more is there to say).

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I chose "In my Life" by the Beatles for our song at my son's wedding 11 years ago. He is an old soul, and loves the Beatles, and that is one of my favorite songs. Not easy to dance to, however! If my youngest ever gets married, I would love to dance to "I hope you dance", since it really speaks to me about him.