Trusted Contributor

Songs for mom & son - wedding

My son just told me that he and I are going to have to dance at his wedding and need to choose a song. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Honored Contributor

Re: Songs for mom & son - wedding

Recently I said something happy and upbeat and that would indicate you are welcoming your son's new wife to your lives.  

Contributor

My son got married last year.  We danced to Rod Stewart’s Forever Young.  Google and you can read the words and hear the song.  

Honored Contributor

@isaboo wrote:

My son just told me that he and I are going to have to dance at his wedding and need to choose a song. Does anyone have any suggestions?

@isaboo- I had the same question not too long ago.  I learned about a song that I had never hear before and ended up choosing it for my son and I to dance to at his wedding last month.  It's called A Song for My Son.  Have a tissue ready.  

A Song for My Son

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

If you google "mother son wedding songs" there are a ton of suggestions.

Contributor

When my son got married, we danced to Boyz 2 Men, A Song for Mama. I Googled the lyrics and listened to it.  It was perfect. I have tears in my eyes now thinking about it.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@isaboo  Child of Mine  by Carole King

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Esteemed Contributor

DS and I are both musicians so we collaborated on the choice. I coild not have something that would bring me to tears- there would be pictures and video! Our choice: I Just Can't Stop Loving You by Michael Jackson. 

Boyz 2 Men Mama's Song might be the choice for DS#2's wedding a few years from now.

Super Contributor

Barry Manilow " I am your son"   Very pretty

Trusted Contributor

@isaboo wrote:

How sweet! Pick something that "speaks" to you about your relationship with your DS. Now I'll put in my 2 cents for a tune: when we got married, my DH danced with his mother to Cass Elliott's "Dream a Little Dream of Me".