Esteemed Contributor

Re: Song comes on and you....

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

You Light Up My Life by Debbie Boone. Yuck, just plain yuck.

@Imaoldhippie  We were living in Germany when this song was popular, and lo and behold, Debbie did a German language version. It was played every hour! So we got to hate it in two languages! Smiley Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

Nice post. Thank you. The band, America - Been to the Desert On a Horse With No Name. (awful). Groan at any songs that drag, sappy songs, bubble-gum pop or rude rap where women are dragged through the mud.

Ready to throw something at the screen? I don't like America's national anthem. Several reasons. Wish we had adopted an easier melody and more inviting words. There you go. I'm a rebel....     

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon & Garfunkel.

Honored Contributor

MacArthur Park

I win!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Any song from the B-52's, particularly Love Shack. Gives me a 

headache, can't stand any of their songs.

Honored Contributor

Hallelujah sp?  is one of my favorites.  I frequently call it up on You Tube with DISH verbal command. 

Honored Contributor

On the rare occasion some music comes on during a commercial ...  not any particular song - certain types of music that I just cannot stand to hear!

Only music I ever have on is Music Choice on the TV (Soundscapes) or Amazon Prime Music - just my favorite albums / artists.

I don't think I've turned on the radio once in the last 10 years!

Respected Contributor

@jeanlakeI like the National anthem.  True it's not an easy tune to sing but I'm a sucker for story songs and this one is right up there with the best of them.

Imagine being a patriot, locked in a cell on an enemy boat while the PIVOTAL battle of the war of independence is going on.  If the fort falls then It's OVER.

All you have to judge by is the flag over the battlements of the fort.  Through the darkness of night as the battle rages on you use the flair of exploding bombs to see your own flag is still there.  Then when the fighting is over you wonder WHO's flag is waving?  Have you Lost all or was all the fighting and death of those fighting for their independance Worth the price.  Were we FREE?  

Trusted Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

@blueroses47 wrote:

Benny and the Jets.  I have always hated that song.

—————

I ❤️ed your post and now can’t get the song out of my head 😩

I'm truly SO sorry.  

Esteemed Contributor

Old Man - Neil Young

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix