Esteemed Contributor

Re: Song comes on and you....

@Jaspersmom LOL!  My thoughts exactly!   I am a huge Stones fan, my kids are named "Angie" and  "Keith".   And the Archie's, how funny is that???  I remember that cartoon so well,  I think it was Betty that played the tambourine??  I wanted to be her when I was seven.  Thanks for the laugh down memory lane.

As far as a song I would not listen to, there are a few but right now Hopelessly Devoted To You by Olivia Newton John comes to mind.

Respected Contributor

PAUL SIMON....'''KODACHROME'''.......(1973).....UGH

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

MacArthur Park

I win!

@suzyQ3  Agree...never could figure out who left the d*mn cake out in the rain.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

Anything by Simon & Garfunkel...could not stand them.

Coconut Song by Harry Nilsson...listened to that in a carpool for months and almost bashed my head in.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Weird, I like most of the songs listed here. They aren't in my playlists but I don't hate them.

I don't listen to the radio much anymore. I have my Amazon music and Spotify playlists all set up on my phone and Alexas and if I don't feel like a particular song I just tell it to skip.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tracy Chapman "Fast Car."

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So many have already been named but let me give it a shot....

Free Photo | Portrait of unhappy brunette young student girl in blue shirt  closing ears with hands, screaming loudly from head pain, standing with  closed eyes, being ****** off loud sounds in

1. "You Are My Sunshine" they play it on that Rybel  pharmaceutical commercial....cant mute it fast enough....

2. "Seasons In The Sun" Terry Jacks...

...isnt it about a dying person...and that horrible off key singing Woman Frustrated

3.  "Celebration"  Kool & The Gang....This song just gets on my nerves........

4. "Hello" Lionel Richie....NOT to be confused with a different song with the same name by Adele, which I like...There was a funny "mesh up" where they played both songs together like they were talking to each other on the phone....while it was funny, I STILL hated Lionel's "Hello"

5. "Muskrat Love" Captain & Tennille....Queen Elizabeth was visiting the White House when the couple sang the song....I read where Queen Elizabeth didnt like it and Henry Kissinger looked miserable while it was being sung.......Gerald Ford saw the couple at an event sometime later and said, "you were at the White House and you were the ones that sang the song about the mice "...

🤣🤣🤣

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@cactusgal wrote:

Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon & Garfunkel.

Awww.  I loved Aretha Franklin's cover!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

I won't listen to anything by Adele.  I just don't appreciate the key she sings in.  

Adele's first hit had a drum beat I couldn't stand.  It seems in every song she lost her man!

I know a lot of people appreciate her though.

Respected Contributor

I feel like this could be controversial - but for me it's anything I've heard so far by Billie Eilish