Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3

Yes, I read about his treatment of her long ago.  Not sure how much truth there was to it, but if so, she paid a terrible price for loving him.

Such a sweet, innocent face...have no idea how she was in real life, but I hope, in death, she is at peace.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sondra Locke RIP

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Cakers3

Yes, I read about his treatment of her long ago.  Not sure how much truth there was to it, but if so, she paid a terrible price for loving him.

Such a sweet, innocent face...have no idea how she was in real life, but I hope, in death, she is at peace.

@Witchy Woman  If I remember correctly he gave her some bogus settlement so that she could direct films and she lost out.  He eventually settled for an undisclosed sum of $ and she said it was a good day when court was over.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

She was a good choice for a pivotal role in "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter".  Those huge wistful eyes, and fawn like appearance.  It might have been her debut role?  Imagine just starting out and getting to act with brilliant Alan Arkin!

Trusted Contributor

So sorry to hear about this. I thought she had won her battle with cancer.  RIP...

Honored Contributor

The article I read this morning about her death said no one was sure why they only released the news yesterday.  I always liked her and Eastwood together.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."