Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sometimes Sympathy Is Hard To Come By

@Kachina624 wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Kachina624  Are CPAP machines noisy?  If so, I'm safe.  Anything that makes nose scares the pee out of Petunia. Hand held vac, regular vac, mixer etc.  She runs and hides in the closet.

@CrazyKittyLvr2    They can't be too noisy since people use them when sleeping.  I never heard one.

They ARE noisy, though I hear that innovations in technology have changed that. Just try to sleep in the same room with someone who has a CPAP.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

7/21/22

FOGELSVILLE, PA — Police in Lehigh County were forced to shoot and kill a massive snake after it wrapped itself around the throat of a 28-year-old Fogelsville man, according to authorities.

Upper Macungie Township police were called to the 1400 block of Church Street on Wednesday. When they arrived, they found a man in cardiac arrest with "a snake wrapped around his neck," according to a news release.

By the time authorities arrived, the man was lying on the floor of the home unresponsive. The snake, an unknown species that authorities estimated was more than 15 feet long, had wrapped a significant portion of its midsection around the man's neck, police said.

According to authorities, an officer was able to shoot the snake in the head without risking further injury to the man. The injury caused the snake to release the man enough for police to drag him to safety and provide first aid.

Police said the man was taken to a local hospital for further treatment. His condition is unknown.

7/25/22

PA Man Dies Days After Cops Shoot, Kill 18-Foot Snake Strangling Him

Elliot Senseman, of Upper Macungie Township, died days after he was found in cardiac arrest with his 18-foot snake wrapped around his neck.

FOGELSVILLE, PA — An Upper Macungie Township man has died days after he was found in cardiac arrest with his 18-foot snake wrapped around his neck.

As Pennsylvania Patch previously reported, police were called to the 1400 block of Church Street in Fogelsville on Wednesday. Officers found a man in cardiac arrest with " a snake wrapped around his neck."

The man was unresponsive and lying on the floor. The snake, an unknown species that authorities estimated was more than 15 feet long, had wrapped a significant portion of its midsection around the man's neck, police said.

An officer shot the snake in the head without risking further injuring the man. The shot forced the snake to release the man long enough for police to drag him to safety and provide first aid.

The snake, an 18-foor loa constrictor or a similar snake, caused the man to experience an anoxic brain injury, multiple media outlets reported. His brain completely lost oxygen, the coroner's office said.

Patch has reached out to police and the coroner's office for details and will update when we hear back.

A close relative of Senseman told The Daily Beast that Senseman worked with snakes since he was 10 years old and was experienced in handling the reptiles. He started rescuing snakes about six years ago, taking them in and rehousing them.

"A lot of times the snakes were neglected or mistreated and needed medical care," the family member told The Daily Beast. "He would provide all of that."

Fogelsville is about 50 miles north of Philadelphia.

Respected Contributor

My late in-laws lived in Fla for years. I remember seeing both baby alligators and baby pythons being sold on the side of the roads. What a mess they created.

Trusted Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Kachina624  Are CPAP machines noisy?  If so, I'm safe.  Anything that makes nose scares the pee out of Petunia. Hand held vac, regular vac, mixer etc.  She runs and hides in the closet.

@CrazyKittyLvr2    They can't be too noisy since people use them when sleeping.  I never heard one.

They ARE noisy, though I hear that innovations in technology have changed that. Just try to sleep in the same room with someone who has a CPAP.

My husband uses a c-pap and it isn't noisy at all. If it was  I'd have to sleep in another bedroom as I am a very light sleeper.

Esteemed Contributor

@arrabella wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

My husband uses a c-pap and it isn't noisy at all. If it was  I'd have to sleep in another bedroom as I am a very light sleeper.

Yes, I know couples who have had to move to separate rooms. As I said, innovations that have been advertised on TV indicate that the whole CPAP technology has changed.