Honored Contributor

Re: Something odd just happened

[ Edited ]

@lopse wrote:

@songbird wrote:

i just got contacted by neighbor.  They were for her!  Obvliously the flower shop got the address wrong.  So it's OK

How could that have happened? How could whoever ordered them for your neighbor have known your address and made a mistake?

Could it be that they wrote down the wrong number when the order was taken... It's not a stretch... Especially at what is probably a busy time of year...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Call the flower shop and tell them a mistake has been made.  They need to pick up the flowers and contact who ordered them.

I wouldn't just leave the flowers on another person's doorstep.  If the flowers do not belong to them, and they keep them, then the true recipient will be left out

Somebody took the time to pay for flowers for somebody's birthday.  The flower shop will have to figure this out.

I think she said the name of the flower shop wasn't clear... 

Nice that it all turned out as it should have...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

My son and his wife ordered flowers for his cousin's funeral (young man, very sad).  Because they lilve in another state, they used the link to a florist on the funeral home's web page.  Well no flowers ever showed up.  I was at the funeral home and no one there knew anything about the missing flowers.  My DIL had her receipt still on her phone and the florist did refund her money the next day, but they were very embarrassed because it appeared that they had sent nothing. 

I would have called the florist to come get the flowers rather than leaving them on the neighbor's doorstep. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

never flowers but we got a box of oranges from  florida at christmas time a few years back and it was a neibor down the street so we took it to house i belonged to.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@lopse wrote:

@songbird wrote:

i just got contacted by neighbor.  They were for her!  Obvliously the flower shop got the address wrong.  So it's OK

How could that have happened? How could whoever ordered them for your neighbor have known your address and made a mistake?

Could it be that they wrote down the wrong number when the order was taken... It's not a stretch... Especially at what is probably a busy time of year...

...or the person who ordered the flowers could have given the florist the wrong address because he/she had written down the wrong address. There have been times when I have written a phone number quickly and later wasn't sure if it was a "7" or a "9". It actually happened this week when my elderly neighbor asked me to fax something. I knew I would only need the number one time so it didn't make sense to put it somewhere permanent, i.e. cell phone. I ended up calling my neighbor back to find out which was the correct number. She got such a kick out of that because I'm usually very efficient.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

No, I've received flowers that were meant for me.  flowers are special and expensive; I would not have just given them somebody without know if they were meant for that person.  Easy enough because the florists phone number is always on the card, I'd have  called the florist.  It's such a busy time for florists, typos and mishaps do happen.      

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

My neighbors received my flowers while I was at work . . . and kept them! I didn't know about the missing roses for several days. When my husband called from Bankok and finally asked about them, I was completed blind-sided. Then, it became funny! After we hung up the phone, I walked down the street and knocked on their door. Yes, my bouquet of yellow long-stemmed roses were on their table displayed in the living room!! They were duly embarrased. It was worth going after the flowers to see their reaction! (They are really nice neighbors. I've forgotten when happened that they didn't bring the bouquet back to me.) 

They might me "nice" in some ways but not so "nice" that they didn't STEAL your flowers!  That is what happened, being neighbors that you like, you just chose to forget about the theft....and reclaim your roses.