Honored Contributor

OK.  This morning I opened the door to be greeted by a bouquet of flowers.  They were very pretty, but not for me.  I looked at the note enclosed.  It was my address.  No doubt about that, but no one by that name lives in my house.  I had no idea who it was meant for.  I glanced at the note, somebody's birthday.  Next door to me is a young woman (I think that was her name, but not sure)  My husband told me to leave at their door.  So hopefully that will be hers.  Not clear on the flower shop name who sent it originally.  Has anyone ever received flowers addressed to somebody else?

Honored Contributor

Re: Something odd just happened

Call the flower shop and tell them a mistake has been made.  They need to pick up the flowers and contact who ordered them.

I wouldn't just leave the flowers on another person's doorstep.  If the flowers do not belong to them, and they keep them, then the true recipient will be left out

Somebody took the time to pay for flowers for somebody's birthday.  The flower shop will have to figure this out.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I never had flowers that were delivered to me but that were not for me. BUT last Christmas my brother ordered flowers for me, at least a week before Christmas.

They were never delivered to me. He called the florist 3 times. Finally on December 30, they were delivered.

Esteemed Contributor

My neighbors received my flowers while I was at work . . . and kept them! I didn't know about the missing roses for several days. When my husband called from Bankok and finally asked about them, I was completed blind-sided. Then, it became funny! After we hung up the phone, I walked down the street and knocked on their door. Yes, my bouquet of yellow long-stemmed roses were on their table displayed in the living room!! They were duly embarrased. It was worth going after the flowers to see their reaction! (They are really nice neighbors. I've forgotten when happened that they didn't bring the bouquet back to me.) 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady   Not so nice neighbors who kept flowers that were not for them.

imo

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

NO not received flowers for someone else, but I did get flowers once that was on a birthday and thanked my husband and they weren't from him!  Turned out my dad sent them.  It was a one and only time and I have no idea what prompted him that time.  That wasn't his nature.  But they were from him. 

Speaking of flowers.. I one time ordered a lavendar gift bouquet for my mother, it would be one of the last Mother's Days I could do that for her.  The bouquet that arrived, wasn't lavendar.  She loved them, but I was heart broken the ones I had chosen for her, were not the ones I'd ordered.  Never again ordered that way or from them. 

Trusted Contributor

Just yesterday there was a knock at the door and there was a beautiful Christmas Floral arrangement. My husband looked at the name on the envelope quickly and he recognized the name. These were for our neighbor down the street. The delivery person was just walking down the steps and my husband immediately told him as to house they needed to go to. So I was disappointed they weren’t mine LOL but happy for the older couple a few houses down.

Honored Contributor

i just got contacted by neighbor.  They were for her!  Obvliously the flower shop got the address wrong.  So it's OK

Contributor

@songbird wrote:

i just got contacted by neighbor.  They were for her!  Obvliously the flower shop got the address wrong.  So it's OK

How could that have happened? How could whoever ordered them for your neighbor have known your address and made a mistake?

Respected Contributor

Yes twice I got flowers for my neighbor because she wasn't home, door bell rang the person said can you take them? He also said I will leave a note on her door that you have flowers for her. I didn't mind doing it but the whole time I kept looking at them and in a way wish they were for me. DH would never think of doing that so every now & then I buy a bouquet in the grocery store to keep on my kitchen table.