Honored Contributor

Re: Some product reviews make me laugh...

And don't forget the ones who have never gotten the product but review it anyway.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

And don't forget the ones who have never gotten the product but review it anyway.

@151949  They may have purchased the article elsewhere but many vendors verify buyers before allowing the review to be posted.

I'd be surprised, or maybe not, that the Q doesn't verify buyers.

However, I can't imagine spending time reviewing something purchased elsewhere or not at all.   LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3, I read a lot of reviews where the reviewer didn't purchase the product at all.  They are complaining because the item sold out too fast so QVC didn't bring in enough stock, they are complaining that they didn't like the colors offered, there is no petite, there is no tall, they don't like that kind of fabric, etc.

On HSN, you cannot review a product you haven't bought.  I tried to review a product I got as a gift and I rec'd a notice when I tried to submit the review that their computer shows that I didn't purchase the item I was reviewing.  You also cannot post a review until you've had the product for 5 days. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@151949  They may have purchased the article elsewhere but many vendors verify buyers before allowing the review to be posted.

I'd be surprised, or maybe not, that the Q doesn't verify buyers.

However, I can't imagine spending time reviewing something purchased elsewhere or not at all.   LOL

@Cakers3 and  @151949 .. I am referring to the posters who admit that they ordered the product but haven't received or used it yet.  

Honored Contributor

I try to convince myself when I read some of the reviews, that some innocent husband is being spared the wrath of his self appointed comedienne wife, who has posted something excruciatingly humorous, usually regarding Halloween, about some garment or jewelry or self improvement item that is probably quite reasonable for a percentage of other posters.

Fact is, many ladies don't know what a "review" is, or how to write one, OR the difference between "objective" and "subjective" language (both of which are perfectly acceptable in the right place).

Enjoy the peace, Dear Harried Husband.

Esteemed Contributor

@wishmoon I agree, I had a few not so favorable reviews that never posted, I do believe that someone is able to pick and choose what reviews are posted, IMO!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

The best reviews ever were the ones on the gummy bears on Amazon. I laughed 'til it hurt.  Smiley LOL

Trusted Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@StraytoStay  Am I reading this right?  Unscented perfume?  Whats the point?  I must really be getting old I dont understand this at all!  LOL

@Imaoldhippie

It's too bad the original TSV it was introduced isn't up to read those reviews, so many felt duped! Comments in the reviews  ranged that it smelled like spraying water or they couldn't believe they fell for it. I'm surprised she still sells it on its own!

Trusted Contributor

I also am annoyed with reviews that say"I can't wait to try it!" How helpful is that? BTW, who choses tv'sleast helpful' option when searching reviews? Why have that option? SMH

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Cakers3, I read a lot of reviews where the reviewer didn't purchase the product at all.  They are complaining because the item sold out too fast so QVC didn't bring in enough stock, they are complaining that they didn't like the colors offered, there is no petite, there is no tall, they don't like that kind of fabric, etc.

On HSN, you cannot review a product you haven't bought.  I tried to review a product I got as a gift and I rec'd a notice when I tried to submit the review that their computer shows that I didn't purchase the item I was reviewing.  You also cannot post a review until you've had the product for 5 days. 

@Lipstickdiva  To me that just clutters up the review section.    I can imagine people impulsively leaving such a review.  The Q apparently doesn't use the "verified buyer"  as does HSN as you mentioned. 

Some folks just have no filters. 

I know of 2 other sites I buy from and the review takes 48 hours for verification.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh