Honored Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

Under stress, the worst people in society become worser. (I know...) And remember, it is estimated (Psychology Today) that 1% of our society are narcissists (grandiose sense of importance) and 4% sociopathic (weak conscience). Some of these personalities are in prison ... but some walk among us. So, at a minimum, 5% of our population will be selfish, destructive and rude. Add to this, I'm guessing, 10% of society is just in a bad mood. 

A young person working at a grocery store was upset because shoppers left  trash in carts - like old wipes, gloves, Kleenexes. It's nothing personal - they do it because they're a part of the 5% or they're slobs. I wish the 5% could shock me, but they don't. Be kind to one another.     

@jeanlake 

For a good while now, when I hear someone say, ‘Wait until you hear this” I think - Oh, go ahead - surprise me...

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

As I recall, a week or two ago, I posted that if the mandatory stay-at-home order went on for a month or more, that I could see people rioting and looting.

Boy, did I get jumped on for that!

How dare I post such a negative "What if"!

We're getting closer and closer to that "What if" becoming a reality every day.

I told you guys that I could see things like that happening, the longer the quarantine went on, but not many people wanted to believe me.

I'm sorry that my "prediction" is becoming a reality, and it will get worse.

@Anonymous032819 

I wrote about this awhile ago on another thread.

It is not a matter of prediction but unfortunately a matter of fact.

It is a fact when entitlements are seen as being taking away some of society react violently.

Honored Contributor

@chiclets wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

As I recall, a week or two ago, I posted that if the mandatory stay-at-home order went on for a month or more, that I could see people rioting and looting.

Boy, did I get jumped on for that!

How dare I post such a negative "What if"!

We're getting closer and closer to that "What if" becoming a reality every day.

I told you guys that I could see things like that happening, the longer the quarantine went on, but not many people wanted to believe me.

I'm sorry that my "prediction" is becoming a reality, and it will get worse.

@Anonymous032819 

I wrote about this awhile ago on another thread.

It is not a matter of prediction but unfortunately a matter of fact.

It is a fact when entitlements are seen as being taking away some of society react violently.

@chiclets& @Anonymous032819, Personally, I don't see as one particular segment of society: In the worst of crises, we shred our social contact and revert to more primitive reactions. Of course, some more than others, but it is a part of our nature. Look at the extreme rise in gun purchases and some of the extreme hoarding going on. When people panic, watch out.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Very scary, indeed. But do we have to do the "baby mama" thing here?

Well, she was. She wasn't married to her baby's father, but has a baby with him, so she isn't his wife, so doesn't that make her his 'baby mama', a common phrase used these days to describe an unmarried couple who have a child together?

Baby mama, baby daddy, I never realized it was taken as a slur.

Sorry if you found it offensive, political correctness gone rogue, I guess.

@KingstonsMom, it is often used as a perjorative and also often directed at one race. That's the inference I get when it is used.

@suzyQ3 

Well, your 'inference' is up to you, but I live in the deep south of GA and here it applies to any race, but maybe we're just beyond all of that racial stuff that some are still hung up on.

Whatever.........

@KingstonsMom, good to hear that you all are past the racial stuff. Let's both move on now. We can't take our eye off the ball here. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Personally, I don't see as one particular segment of society: @suzyQ3 

Your comment is correct and the wise one. I should have made a generalization.

Honored Contributor

@chiclets wrote:

Personally, I don't see as one particular segment of society: @suzyQ3 

Your comment is correct and the wise one. I should have made a generalization.

Thanks, @chiclets. :-)

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

Someone got beat up cause they were coughing

@Snoopp  I was diagnosed with GERD recently, it causes an irritation in my throat which causes me to cough. I am so afraid to cough in public, I put a lozenge in my mouth prior to going anywhere!

I also have GERD and sinus problems and cough quite frequently.  I am also afraid someone will think I have the virus.  I haven't been out of the house for 2 weeks.  We need better leaders to guide us.