Esteemed Contributor

sorry that happened...scary to know she had something in her possession that could do such damage!!

Esteemed Contributor

Oh my gosh, that is horrible. Saying a prayer for your daughter, @KingstonsMom

We are living in some scary times that is for sure, unlike anything I ever even thought we could see here. Its almost like we woke up in a third world country or something.

Honored Contributor

Very scary, indeed. But do we have to do the "baby mama" thing here?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Under stress, the worst people in society become worser. (I know...) And remember, it is estimated (Psychology Today) that 1% of our society are narcissists (grandiose sense of importance) and 4% sociopathic (weak conscience). Some of these personalities are in prison ... but some walk among us. So, at a minimum, 5% of our population will be selfish, destructive and rude. Add to this, I'm guessing, 10% of society is just in a bad mood. 

A young person working at a grocery store was upset because shoppers left  trash in carts - like old wipes, gloves, Kleenexes. It's nothing personal - they do it because they're a part of the 5% or they're slobs. I wish the 5% could shock me, but they don't. Be kind to one another.     

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

Under stress, the worst people in society become worser. (I know...) And remember, it is estimated (Psychology Today) that 1% of our society are narcissists (grandiose sense of importance) and 4% sociopathic (weak conscience). Some of these personalities are in prison ... but some walk among us. So, at a minimum, 5% of our population will be selfish, destructive and rude. Add to this, I'm guessing, 10% of society is just in a bad mood. 

A young person working at a grocery store was upset because shoppers left  trash in carts - like old wipes, gloves, Kleenexes. It's nothing personal - they do it because they're a part of the 5% or they're slobs. I wish the 5% could shock me, but they don't. Be kind to one another.     

@jeanlake, there was a story on the news about the piles of trash (masks, gloves, etc.) being thrown on the ground by people leaving places of business. How easy it would be just to take a baggie and use it for that purpose.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I wouldn't equate a person getting her tires slashed with a breakout of rioting and looting but that's just me.  

If this person wouldn't have slashed those tires over these mandated rules, they would have committed some other crime over something stupid.  Because they are a low-life criminal.  That's how they behave. 

@Lipstickdiva 

I wouldn't either, and I agree with the rest of your post too.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Some people.......

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Well, she was. She wasn't married to her baby's father, so she isn't his wife, doesn't that make her his 'baby mama', a common phrase used these days to describe an unmarried couple who have a child together?

Baby mama, baby daddy, I never realized it was taken as a slur.

Sorry if you found it offensive, political correctness gone rogue, I guess.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Well, she was. She wasn't married to her baby's father, but has a baby with him, so she isn't his wife, so doesn't that make her his 'baby mama', a common phrase used these days to describe an unmarried couple who have a child together?

@KingstonsMom, it is often used as a perjorative and also often directed at one race. That's the inference I get when it is used.

Respected Contributor

I am sorry this happened to your DD.

I sincerely hope charges will be made and she can get a restraining order against this person.

The person who did this believes in entitlement and seems like a vindictive individual.

I hope she and you can find peace of mind after this occurrence.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Well, she was. She wasn't married to her baby's father, but has a baby with him, so she isn't his wife, so doesn't that make her his 'baby mama', a common phrase used these days to describe an unmarried couple who have a child together?

@KingstonsMom, it is often used as a perjorative and also often directed at one race. That's the inference I get when it is used.

@suzyQ3 

Well, your 'inference' is up to you, but I live in the deep south of GA and here it applies to any race, but maybe we're just beyond all of that racial stuff that some are still hung up on.

Whatever.........