Valued Contributor

Some one elses return.... UGH!!!

I was just reading reviews for the Flashinglights electronic game. I ordered one for my grandson, it says ages 3 and up. Alot of the reviews say that theirs came scratched and was defective. They thought it might have been a return that was passed on to them.

I am wondering about it now. we will see when it comes in. it will get a test drive.  He is 3, and a smart 3yr old, and I am wondering if he will be able to use it.

Last summer I received clothing a few times that was returned.  This just gets my blood boiling. I work hard for my money and I (just like all of the customers) deserve a product that is not an AS IS PRODUCT.  flips me out.   end of rant.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Some one elses return.... UGH!!!

You are ranting about something that has not happened yet? Wait until it arrives before complaining about it being used. Do not believe all the reviews.

Honored Contributor

@June222 wrote:

You are ranting about something that has not happened yet? Wait until it arrives before complaining about it being used. Do not believe all the reviews.

OP clearly states she has received things in the past, purchased at full price, but were someone else's returns. That is a valid complaint to post here, and so is wondering if the next order to arrive will be the same.

And reviews, while mixed, are a good indication, when the same complaints (or praises) are repeated by several/many, of just what one may be in store for in purchasing that particular item. Not everyone who writes a negative review is wrong or has some agenda, sometimes the products aren't that good.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't buy it if I felt there was a good chance it was a return.

Trusted Contributor

Wgile I understand being upsdt if one were to receive an item that is not in good condition, I fail to see being upset (or ranting) about a product that one has not even received.

It is almost like ordering a meal in a restaurant and complaining to the manager that the food is inedible before it even arrives.  I just do not understand.

Respected Contributor

There are 2 types of returns.  First are the returns simply because someone didn't like the purchase, then there are the returns that are because the product is defective.  Well, maybe there's a third type that hopefully is a very small portion of the returns, that being and items purchased and used used used then returned after the need was met.

It isn't reasonable to expect any business to not re-sell items that are in new condition returned without having been used.  I don't know of any business that does not put those items back on the shelf and at the current selling price.

The problem with QVC, IMHO, is that they need to improve their return process ensuring that items returned as defective or returned in an obviously used condition are not put back on the shelf.