Honored Contributor

Re: Some of you have the best looking emoticons

It's a fairy wren from Austraila. He has bird photos from all over the word. He has a small birds picture that builds its nest on the ground called an oven bird. It is just darling

Esteemed Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

I want some good emoticons also!!!  What site has those cute big ones??

Like I said, I don't use a particular site. Just Google-Images-Seach a phrase, like laughing, crying + smiley and hundreds come up. I save them to a file I keep on my desktop.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

Here is the oven birdThis is a photo of a Warbler - Ovenbird

Respected Contributor

You can use similar bird gifs...

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Super Contributor

This is a really stupid question.  Once you save the emoticons on your desktop, how do you put them in your post?  It seems like it would be a lot of trouble to open the file each time you wanted to use a Smiley.  I use a Mac.  I found some cute emoticons but have heard you need to be careful about where you get them.  Do you all worry about that?

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Respected Contributor

@NickNack1 wrote:

This is a really stupid question.  Once you save the emoticons on your desktop, how do you put them in your post?  It seems like it would be a lot of trouble to open the file each time you wanted to use a Smiley.  I use a Mac.  I found some cute emoticons but have heard you need to be careful about where you get them.  Do you all worry about that?

Yes, malicious malware can wreak havoc ... be extremely cautious when downloading. 

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack1 wrote:

I just upload them like they are a picture. I have good software and it will tell me if there is malware.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

Woo Hoo I got an avatar

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

Woo Hoo I got an avatar

Cherry, your avatar is adorable!

Honored Contributor

It isn't centered very well, but I'll work on it