Esteemed Contributor

Some merchants have awesome customer service and some really are not all that wonderful

I will say in my case QVC has been awesome, as has been Amazon and Zulily, Keurig among others.  Today one of the manufacturing companies hit rock bottom in my estimation.  My Shark Steam Cleaner was leaking.. no steam and just at the worst possible moment.. company coming.  The company phone number would not go through to ask for help and when I finally reached them.... I was to blame...  no help there.  Getting me another brand this evening.  Anybody have any suggestions.

Honored Contributor

Re: Some merchants have awesome customer service and some really are not all that wonderful

We're having a mini lovefest over Moen faucets customer service on another thread ;o)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Re: Some merchants have awesome customer service and some really are not all that wonderful

@bonnielu wrote:

I will say in my case QVC has been awesome, as has been Amazon and Zulily, Keurig among others.  Today one of the manufacturing companies hit rock bottom in my estimation.  My Shark Steam Cleaner was leaking.. no steam and just at the worst possible moment.. company coming.  The company phone number would not go through to ask for help and when I finally reached them.... I was to blame...  no help there.  Getting me another brand this evening.  Anybody have any suggestions.

My first and last experience with Sharke product matches what you describe as their CS -- unimpressive.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

How old is the steam cleaner? Try calling back tomorrow...maybe you'll get someone else who's willing to help you somehow.

Esteemed Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower  Yes, my thing to do... call back again.  This gal was rude.  She determined it had to be my fault and only offered to sell me one at full price plus shipping.  I can get this steamer for 14th that at Best Buy, JC Penneys... but obviously that was not my intent.

Bottom line less than a year old and simply leaking water... no steam...

Esteemed Contributor

I did call back and after being hung on four times the rep was willing to sell me one for $65 plus tax and shipping.  Geez quite a deal since the same item can be had at Best Buy for about $30 plus tax and no shipping charges. Polite but not helpful. 

I will add that Fitbit and Zulily and Keurig and Amazon bend over backwards... and many more.  I just wanted what was right.  Nothing like a leaking no longer steaming... Shark steam cleaner for floors.  I think I purchased it here on the Q but cannot be sure. 

Honored Contributor

I own the original Shark Pocket Mop. Bought it when it was first introduced here on the Q many years ago. It has been a wonderful mop for all these years. The only thing I have had to do is buy another plastic head because they do get clogged with mineral deposits and is difficult to clean out. Just bought the first replacement head a couple of months ago. I also bought new pads and that made it so much easier to push the mop on my linoleum floor.

Respected Contributor

Call the credit card company you put it on and ask them if they have a 1 year warranty on it. Why would Shark hang up on you 4 times?

Esteemed Contributor

Best Customer service I've encountered through the years....Nordstrom, QVC, Apple, Amazon if products are direct from Amazon, not so much, third parties....

sadly, worst based on recent experience...Lord &Taylor, UPS, Bloomingdales. 

Esteemed Contributor

I LOVE Bed/Bath. I purchased a Hamilton Beach 8 cup elec. percolator 11 months ago - on-line. It just stopped working. I drove over to Bed/Bath - 10 min. from my home - and they ordered a 4 cup Farberware elec. percolator and shipped it to me FREE in a few days. They're always above and beyond!!!!! 

They don't make elec. percolators the way they made them in the past (when it was made in America).

I've been helped by this store several times in the past as well.