Respected Contributor

Re: Some hosts should calm down

[ Edited ]

And some of them talk right along with the vendor so you can't really listen to or understand either one of them.  

Honored Contributor

Yes,it makes it difficult to watch the presentations.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Valued Contributor

I think they ALL got the message to sell.  I can't even watch MB or VP because everything is" heartfelt"  and they own it and love it and we need to pay 3x, or more, for items found at local stores.  Go back to Q, quality  V,value  C,convience

Honored Contributor

All the hyperness and speed talking does is make make me NOT watch nor buy!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I cannot watch, I only shop via the website.  I need to know sizes, dimensions, etc. and do not care to endure the drama (I get that at work).  Many times the information I needed to know before purchasing was not stated forcing me to the website.  And it's where I've stayed.  

Valued Contributor

fortunately, lifetime and all of the hallmark channels now have xmas movies almost around the clock, and there is no hyper talking (smile).

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@blackhole99 wrote:

The customer is always right=common sense.

That works when you are working one-on-one with a customer or are getting feedback from a substantial number of customers. It does NOT work when you have millions of customers watching you on TV with a variety of preferences. And the forums do not make up a substantial number of the QVC customer base.

Sales numbers tell them more and there's a reason they want their hosts to be energetic.

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

I don't watch often enough to allow myself to be annoyed by any particular host.

I do, however, sympathize with all of the hosts who are obviously following directives from the top.  They are trying to keep their jobs,  and, like most of us, trying to support ttheir families.

But then why aren't they all getting the same directive? For just one example, Kerstin must be getting directed to speed talk to the point where sometimes she's incomprehensible yet Mary Beth speaks at a normal understandable rate of speed. 

I would suspect they are all getting the same directive.  There may be some who are incapable of putting it into action.  Only time will tell.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

I cannot watch, I only shop via the website.  I need to know sizes, dimensions, etc. and do not care to endure the drama (I get that at work).  Many times the information I needed to know before purchasing was not stated forcing me to the website.  And it's where I've stayed.  

@Misplaced Parisian 

But sadly a lot of important information on a product is missing from the website.... and questions posted there are for the most part left unanswered ....the website includes mostly sales "fluff"......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I don't watch to much these days...I take a look for a moment....put it on MUTE if I stay longer then that....and go watch something else or do something else.  I agree about the speed talking hyper over the top behavior....I am sure they are told to act like they are OVER THE MOON about each product they are presenting.  Plus make sure the audience knows the most important thing...only order of the yr....when it's gone it's gone...your color & size will be gone then what? and on and on it goes LOL!  

MUTE is a wonderful feature and I use it alot if I try to watch them present a item these days....and on Fridays....I almost don't even turn it on at all due to the YA! things every other word LOL!!  If I hear it even once (not fast enough on the mute button) then it's stuck in my head and I can't stand that phraseWoman Tongue