Respected Contributor

Re: Some encouraging numbers for Covid-19

@KKJ wrote:

Just curious about this---are the protesters required to wear masks in these big cities?  I've just seen brief images on the news and what I've seen it looks like most do, but are they required to?   Just wondering.

They apparently have zero control over these people. They aren't asking them to follow any rules at all. It's as if everyone is afraid to confront them about anything. Meanwhile some places you can't even open your business. It's lunacy and it's wrong to allow them to do anything they want. 

Respected Contributor

It'll be a hoot if it's the minimizers who are disappointed if there's not a surge in cases in areas with lots of protests, after they said that of people like me when the openings started. 

@noodleann, I'm trying to parse your last paragraph. It's not your fault. This issue has become so convoluted because it's all very political.

What I'm getting from this dubious report is the accusation that some pols want to avoid suggesting that the spikes were caused by protests because that would not be "politically correct).

How we have arrived at this point almost unfathomable.

Yep. And since it's okay to leap to conclusions, I'm leaping to some concerning those posts and the underlying nonmedical topic. It's political, indeed. Which side are you on, to quote a great song that was written by a miner's wife.

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@Anonymous032819Who is having meltdowns and panicking? I'm just not seeing that. If you're referring to your fellow posters, that seems like an attempt to mock or insult them.

Daily people post about how angry and upset they are at seeing people not wearing masks. Daily. 

@Lali1 

Being angry, upset and/or disappointed isn't the same as having a meltdown or panicking.

Honored Contributor

I see many on this board either have selective memory, or twist "googled articles" into conclusions the reader wants to make to back up their own ideas.  That is not news.

Should the contact tracers also ask about the "open the country back up" protesters, many armed, who came out in the thousands across the country?  How about the many and huge college student crowds on the beaches and coming back to their communities?  Oh, that never happened??? 

The contact tracers were never asked to hide numbers.  They are not asking about ANY protest or large gatherings the person attended.  It was meant not to isolate the most recent protests as a single identifier, like so many want to believe.  

Honored Contributor

Not feeling positive since learning a third coworker died from COVID last week.
Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@Anonymous032819Who is having meltdowns and panicking? I'm just not seeing that. If you're referring to your fellow posters, that seems like an attempt to mock or insult them.

Daily people post about how angry and upset they are at seeing people not wearing masks. Daily. 

@Lali1 

Being angry, upset and/or disappointed isn't the same as having a meltdown or panicking.

You will have to admit that discussing the same issue day after day is a bit obsessive.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lali1 wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

Just curious about this---are the protesters required to wear masks in these big cities?  I've just seen brief images on the news and what I've seen it looks like most do, but are they required to?   Just wondering.

They apparently have zero control over these people. They aren't asking them to follow any rules at all. It's as if everyone is afraid to confront them about anything. Meanwhile some places you can't even open your business. It's lunacy and it's wrong to allow them to do anything they want. 

Cops and national guard in riot gear, deploying tear gas,shooting rubber bullets aren't "confronting" them?

Huh.

And if protestors are being peaceful and exercising their Constitutional Rights, why would they be held to a standard that a bunch of pool goers aren't held to?  Or those people who wear a mask "if they want to" (their choice!)?  

Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@Lali1 

You will have to admit that discussing the same issue day after day is a bit obsessive.

Some people just want to disagree. Posting on the forum day in and day out about the same thing seems a bit like a meltdowns and I have certainly seen a lot of panic as well. We're all capable of meltdowns. 

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@MorningLover wrote:

NYC is instructing contact tracers to not ask people if they joined protests/riots because they don’t want any stats/evidence proving protests led to a corona spike. Much easier for them to blame biz owners and church goers.

This is fake news.

@mom2four0418 :  I found this:

Democratic New York City Mayor Bill De Blasio’s “contact tracing team” won’t be allowed to ask COVID-19 patients if they attended a George Floyd protest recently, The City reported. 

The “contact tracing team” is tasked with finding an infected patient’s recent contacts and informing them about their exposure to the virus so they can self-isolate. However, the team is not allowed to ask people if they attended one of the many recent demonstrations where thousands of people gathered closely together to protest the death of George Floyd.  NOT FAKE NEWS.