Honored Contributor

Re: Some encouraging numbers for Covid-19

[ Edited ]

@Hoovermom wrote:

Testing has hit all time high.....thus more positives.

That's not the case. If you check the numbers at covidtracking.com you'll find that in early April we were testing about a hundred thousand people a day with about thirty thousand coming back positive. We're now testing around a half million a day with the number of daily positive tests being in the mid-teens to mid-twenty thousand range. We're testing more and getting fewer positive tests. It's a good sign.

Back on April1, 2020 we tested 108,156 people. Total confirmed positives were 224,891. On April 2, 2020 we tested 118,993 and the total confirmed positives were 252,871 for an increase of 27,980. April third saw an additional 132,529 tested with an increase of 31,852 in confirmed cases. April fourth saw 229,252 tested and an increase of 33,196. April fifth saw 119,187 tested and an increase of 25,471. Tests were coming back in that thirty thousand plus range for much of April. We've been under thirty thousand positive tests daily for all of June and much of May despite more testing being done.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I heard some numbers of the spikes being reported this morning on GMA.  My question is, are these daily numbers or are they reported cases that are a cumulative number over the course of several days? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In our state there have has been a rise every day in those positives, and those hospitalized reaching icu capacity and deaths! So very discouraging. Less wearing masks or doing anything as if there was any virus at all. And this was before the protests, but a few weeks after memorial day.

And other states experiencing the same.

Rationalize and name statistics however you want but I'd say this is "doom and gloom" in reality!

Though I'm sure this thread as well will be shut down (though some days it is more aggressive than other days including what is allowed to stay) and there is no point in arguing those who want to believe what they want for any of us.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay, IMO there is a big difference between 5,000 new cases in  one day that are real time numbers and 5,000 cases reported that are cumulative over the last 5 days.  

I think as the weather gets warmer, there is going to be less and less mask wearing.      

Honored Contributor

When you look at numbers of positive cases, I think you also have to look at all factors that impact accuracy. Including people being threatened with termination for refusing to play around with the numbers for reopening purposes,  as allegedly happened in FL. That makes me question what's possibly going on in many states.

You have to look at accuracy in all directions, whether it's overplayed or underplayed. We will never get truly accurate numbers, that's the very sad reality. I hope and pray for the best and for positive improvements, and I still take all proper precautions.

And for everyone who continues to bring up protests here, there will be large scale INDOOR events starting this weekend that should be scrutinized for that very same reason. Can't have it both ways. No social distancing, not many masks likely, projection of droplets.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Valued Contributor

@gardenman please give your numbers to the NYSE.  Our stocks are limping along. 

Respected Contributor

NYC is instructing contact tracers to not ask people if they joined protests/riots because they don’t want any stats/evidence proving protests led to a corona spike. Much easier for them to blame biz owners and church goers.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MorningLover wrote:

NYC is instructing contact tracers to not ask people if they joined protests/riots because they don’t want any stats/evidence proving protests led to a corona spike. Much easier for them to blame biz owners and church goers.

What is your source for this information?.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Super Contributor

I tell you without being tested and I won't because I don't want the nose swab done on me I'll just continue to wear my mask when out in public places (except on my daily neighborhood walks where I can just soical distance) and I won't eat in any indoor places either until I'm been able to get the vaccine.  That's just me.  

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@MorningLover wrote:

What is your source for this information?.

It's google-able.