Honored Contributor

Re: Some Things Haven't Changed

So we have a she said and she said vs a she said. I saw what I saw. It's conveniently gone now. Still holding my breath...
Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:
So we have a she said and she said vs a she said. I saw what I saw. It's conveniently gone now. Still holding my breath...

Yes it is a she said...she said. Hope you have an oxygen tank...you will need it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

I hope you looked it up, croemer. Dropping subject now...
Honored Contributor

@brownponytail80 wrote:

I started a thread about the prayer meeting in Charleston today - Glenn and Tania Beck were going to be there.  It was deleted because of its "political nature".  Really?  Praying for people who were slaughtered by a madman is political?  C'mon.

Oh whatever you do, never mention G B!  You can go on all you want with the names of talking heads from CNN or MSNBC, or use John Stewart as a 'reliable' source for your points, but certainly never let it be a conservative. It will get deleted in no time.

I guess only the right agenda is 'political'. The left must not be.

Honored Contributor

I do not need to...I am a reg. watcher and know better.

Honored Contributor

You can still like the channel, croemer. I'm surprised you are too scared to look though. Like I said it is easy to verify.
Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:
You can still like the channel, croemer. I'm surprised you are too scared to look though. Like I said it is easy to verify.

Scared...who said I am scared...I know better by having watched most of last night. I am sure you are a devoted watcher.

Honored Contributor

Sigh...it was the morning show with EH. Plus, Graham.

Say goodnight, Gracie.
Honored Contributor

Sigh...watched most of the morning show as well. I am happy you enjoy the morning show as much as I do...who knew?Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@NUNYA wrote:

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@NUNYA wrote:

I wish they'd just delete the offending posts, the rest of the conversation was good.

Not 100% sure what is being alluded to with this post. But if it's about a thread about current events being deleted, the whole thing was "offending," in that it was against the board standards...

What is being alluded to is, if the thread is civil for the most part, delete whatever they find offensive. I don't see whats so offending about the guys arraignment or where he got the gun,

Sorry, @nun ya. I wasn't clear.  I meant I wasn't 100% clear what was being alluded to by the OP's post (I assumed the church story?)  I got your meaning.  But when the standards now clearly say that it's not acceptable to post about current events or controversial topics (both of which the church story is), I don't think it's surprising if the mods aren't willing to cherrypick which replies to get rid of when they're justified in getting rid of the whole thing.

I am not exactly sure what this thread is about since I didn't see the previous activity, but in an effort to try and make this clear as mud....the standards do not clearly state that it is not acceptable to post about current events.   There is no such language in the standards.  The standards can be readily accessed by clicking on the link on the left hand menu.  Those are the standards and identify what is enforced here.

Guidelines are just that, they are guidelines.  The moderators posted some discussion to clarify why some topics might be deleted and others might not.  So there is some language in the guidelines about current events that become or are controversial.  It does not state that a poster cannot discuss current events.  Geez, a tornado outbreak in the mid-west would be a current event, or preparing for an approaching hurricane, the floods in Texas...those are all current events.  But if those threads were to become contentious or controversial by the way the thread progresses, the moderators make the decision as to whether it is deleted or not.  We may or may not agree with that decision, but it is their decision. 

However, it does not mean that one cannot discuss current events here. Heck, even a thread about weather warnings can become contentious sometimes around here.  lol   

ETA:  Just saw where newsiesuzie said the same thing.  LOL!  Missed that before I started posting.

I was just thinking that "current events" should be prefaced with 'potentially-divisive', but then thought that all threads should be, LOL.