Esteemed Contributor

Re: Some Things Haven't Changed

@newziesuzie wrote:
KittymomNC it's in their explanation of the Standards
but they used current events as an EXAMPLE of things that
CAN turn controversial and MIGHT get banned.

People got the idea the Standards were changed but they weren't.

I started a thread about it and there's a whole discussion on it, it's here on the first page of the Community Chat.☺️

I'm beginning to believe Chickenbutt's comment that some of the colors make her eyes bleed!  Although the Community Standards aren't in color, so I can't use that excuse! LOL

I've read the Community Standards four times in the last hour, and I can't find any mention of current events.  (I clicked on Standards under Quick Links)  Have I completely lost it, or is there another place I should be reading?  

Never mind... I just found it - it was under "Welcome Get Started" where they explain Community Guidelines, as they call it there.  At least I know now that I haven't lost my mind (although there are some days when I'm not sure where I put it)! Robot LOL

Respected Contributor

Gardensla we can talk about anything we want to it's just a question of how long it stays which will tell us what's ok and what's a big no-no lol!

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardensla wrote:

Can we talk about the Pope's encyclical on climate change or is that off limits, too?

Well I think it would be a good topic but I saw on tv yesterday the guy from florida was asked about it.  He belongs  to that church as I do.

Respected Contributor

Gardensala, it might be a good way to test out your signature line. :0    Man Surprised

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Trusted Contributor

I'm Jewish and I love the Pope!    His love of people is so obvious.  He's a man of real character and is making a difference.

Valued Contributor

@kittymomNC wrote:

I wouldn't swear on a stack of Bibles, but I do have a pretty good memory.  Since this thread brought up the question about current events, I remember that on Monday morning when this forum opened, someone mentioned the Standards and I went and read them.  I am 99% certain that, at that time, there was a mention of not discussing current events.  And I was surprised just now, after the statement previously on this thread, when I read them again, "current events" is not mentioned.  

Again, I don't think I imagined it because I was fairly surprised, since if we can't discuss current events, it wouldn't leave much to discuss.  Does anyone else recall reading that Monday morning? 

kittymom I just copied this from the standards.

Controversial topics will be removed – Discussions of a controversial or confrontational nature will be removed at our discretion. The following are examples of topics that generally create a negative dialogue between Community members which will result in removal of the discussion and possible banning: current events, politics, religious beliefs, and unkind comments about hosts, vendors, models, or employees.

Honored Contributor

@evelomaddict wrote:

this is one time that we should all try to band together instead of igniting flames. 

lenny kravitz, let love rule

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcU57tAKzng

Heart

Eve, I just wanted to say I totally agree with this and also you win hands down the best avatar . . . Kung Fu Kittehs!!!!

Respected Contributor

@Dell1 wrote:

@kittymomNC wrote:

I wouldn't swear on a stack of Bibles, but I do have a pretty good memory.  Since this thread brought up the question about current events, I remember that on Monday morning when this forum opened, someone mentioned the Standards and I went and read them.  I am 99% certain that, at that time, there was a mention of not discussing current events.  And I was surprised just now, after the statement previously on this thread, when I read them again, "current events" is not mentioned.  

Again, I don't think I imagined it because I was fairly surprised, since if we can't discuss current events, it wouldn't leave much to discuss.  Does anyone else recall reading that Monday morning? 

kittymom I just copied this from the standards.

Controversial topics will be removed – Discussions of a controversial or confrontational nature will be removed at our discretion. The following are examples of topics that generally create a negative dialogue between Community members which will result in removal of the discussion and possible banning: current events, politics, religious beliefs, and unkind comments about hosts, vendors, models, or employees.

Dell, that language is in the guidelines. Guidelines are different than standards.  I think people are just getting guidelines and standards mixed up.

The guidelines cite some examples and certain areas of discussion in regard to guidelines. And they do state that topics that moderators consider controversial or confrontational will be deleted.  I think they probably did this because there were so many complaints about what was deleted and what remained on the board.

The standards are what are applied and what everyone posting here are accountable for. And the standards do state that politics is off limits.

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks to those who tried to help me find where I put my brain today!  I did find it when I went back to the Welcome Get Started Forum - that's apparently where I saw it on Monday, but I thought I had seen it under the "Standards" under Quick Links.  

It's so nice to have so many helpful people here!  It's been like this all week!  

Image result for thumbs up emoticons

Honored Contributor

I did not use the word liar, I said something Kitty said was not true. I will not agree I said the word liar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**