Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Some Test Positive After Being Vaccinated. Here Is Why

@noodleann wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

It's my understanding that even after vaccinated a person can still carry and transmit the virus. So what that means is the vaccine protects the person who gets vaccinated but not the people around them. The usual mask wearing and SDing still needs to be done.

@SilleeMee 

What I don't understand is why there aren't more Public Service Announcements on TV, radio and SM to get this info out to more of the public.  I find that there is a lot of misunderstanding as to what the vaccine can and can't do.

@shoesnbags 

I really think they are afraid no one would want to get the vaccine if it means no improvement in what they can do, who they can see, how, etc. 

I hate to say it, @willdob3 , but you're probably right.

What they should do is have something in print that they give everyone with the second shot that warns them of the need to continue safe practices. Maybe they could remind them that the vaccines they've been given protect against the original strain but not the mutations. People will take care of themselves. I think it's masking for others that's the problem. 

@noodleann 

I think that people get instructions to continue safety measures when they get vaccines but I’m just so disappointed in humanity right now, I find it hard to imagine a sudden awakening of responsibility. 

Everyone was in in a hurry to get through 2020...I am really wondering if, less than a year from now, we might be thinking how much better things were in 2020 than in 2021. What if we (world) missed our only chance to stomp on the virus a year ago? We are way behind the mutations and they is probably no way to catch up and get ahead of it. 

“What if...” I know better than to go there. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Some Test Positive After Being Vaccinated. Here Is Why

@SilleeMee wrote:

It's my understanding that even after vaccinated a person can still carry and transmit the virus. So what that means is the vaccine protects the person who gets vaccinated but not the people around them. The usual mask wearing and SDing still needs to be done.

@SilleeMee exactly. You can be an asymptomatic carrier still- the reason mask wearing, social distancing, etc will still be required for many more months.