QVC Customer Care

Re: Some People Are Just So Ungrateful

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

Esteemed Contributor

@Toppers3  Unemployment benefits for 39 weeks instead of the usual 26. 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@esmerelda  at first i was wondering why @cherry  specified the race but I then realized why. She said her neighbors were afraid to go shopping and I understood why because the virus is attacking a lot of people like her neighbors who have underlying problems.

Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda  yes everyone was given an extra 13 weeks to collect unemployment. That´s a long time. Hope everything gets back to normal soon.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@esmerelda  at first i was wondering why @cherry  specified the race but I then realized why. She said her neighbors were afraid to go shopping and I understood why because the virus are attacking a lot of people like her neighbors who have underlying problems.

@Sage04 I appreciate your comment. Lots of people are afraid to go shopping...black and white. I don't think that's the reason she mentioned it.

I've just noticed that her original comment was edited so I'll consider it a closed issue.  

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Toppers3   That is true.  Here here in PA, the state pays around 50% of your weekly pay up to $572 max. And if you have dependents you get $5 more for each to max at $580.

Many states top out with higher a higher max and some states pay a pitiful amount.

Respected Contributor

The message that you shouldn't have to work - whether it's because you have young children, lack appropriate education, don't have a car, don't want to do "demeaning" work, etc. etc. etc. - and that the government owes you and should be required to take care of you is an insidious one.  Add to that the hysteria that you might get a virus if your work and OMG.

Don't also forget that the House wanted a 25% raise to do the "extra work" dealing with the virus would require.  They didn't get it - but they are also now not in session.  So there you are.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Mom2Dogs   I think you might be eligible for the $600 a week.  You should check into it.

56B6E495-646A-4A86-ABE8-D7F3E4B5119C.jpeg

@Carmie My husband talked with our banker this morning, he said we were not eligible for the $600.00...so tomorrow dh will call our state representative to see what the deal is...thanks for the info

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  what you should do is apply for unemployment and that goes along with the $600. There is no money coming into your business. Today I also checked with someone else about getting unemployment if someone hasnt paid into it and she gave ne the same answer  my sister did. Try it and see what happens.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04   I'll give it a try..It may take a while before I can get into the system but it won't hurt to try...thanks!