Esteemed Contributor

Re: Some People Are Just So Ungrateful

@esmerelda  yes they can apply for unemployment but they only get a percentage of their pay, but now they will also be getting another 600 weekly for a few months.

Trusted Contributor

Ungrateful, yes. I Iost my job two weeks ago.  People never know what they have until they do not have it anymore.  Be grateful.

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14  no it´s not full pay. It´s a percentage but with the $600 weekly, it coulod be more than their weekly pay check.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 

In NY unemployment is 50% of your salary up to a certain which I am not sure of, it you make 500 a week, you will not get 600 you will get 250 per week

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@SunSprite wrote:

@Carmie  I like the idea of the "essential workers" being recognized somehow. I envision a box to check on next year's tax return that says "click if you'd like $5 of your refund to go to....." and then maybe a list of the essential workers fund categories. 

Even better if the government would match every $5 private citizen donation. 

(I know I know....dream big little girl) Smiley Happy

@SunSprite I like your idea of a check off on the tax return.   Doubt the money would actually reach individuals.

As for the Government matching private donations...you know where the Government gets its money, right?  From us...and others. Government has no money of its own. 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain  the maxiumn in Florida is $275 weekly and that depends on your salary. This $600 will really help.

Esteemed Contributor

@SunSprite  my sister and her son will be receiving the maxium in Georgia and they were told it´s $365 weekly. I can´t believe what some States pay for unemployment. I´ve seen like $275, $240. That´s not fair. They will be getting the $600 extra weekily so that would help.

Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain  thanks for making me laugh. John and Mary need to take charge of their kids rather than having them running around.

I needed that especially today.

Occasional Contributor

@Carmie  Thank you, Carmie for the kind words. We both did apply for unemployment benefits but the situation in Florida is very alarming. We don't know when or if we'll ever see any money. The application system is full of pitfalls and errors that it's impossible to know if it's actually being processed. I don't know anyone who has received anything yet.

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox  my friend in NY said the max is 504 weekly. I thought it would be more. I´m surprised.