Honored Contributor

Re: Some People Are Just So Ungrateful

[ Edited ]

@Sage04   DH and I take a draw from our business, we pay double social security taxes but no unemployment tax...we will not get un employment, since we don't pay in.

I am not sure we want to apply for any type of grant to keep us afloat until business can start up again.  It is hard to get firm answers.  Our over head is low but no money coming in for months, that's not good!

I also want to add that I have learned a lot on these boards about the unemployment situation, (and other things as well) I only know what goes on in my state...sadly there will always be those that get more than deserved and those that fall thru the cracks, not fair but it always happens.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819  I think you are just in a bad place right now. It is hard to live in isolation, and this  what is happening to single people. You have your dad's death still to come to grips with, and this is a scary time. It is particularly hard when you have no back up family to lean on

This too shall pass. I wish I could phone you or send you an email..We used to be able to share information with others if we wanted to..

I met a lot of really nice people like that..Promise yourself ,once this is over you will move in broader circles. You have a lot of nice qualities ,and anyone would love to have you for their friend..You just need some company, and some people to make your laugh, right now. It is very hard not to have someone in the house that you can vent to

Happier times are coming..Remember  nothing lasts forever ,not bad times or good times. It takes a storm and some sun to give you a rainbow...you will have one at some point

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda   I am like you and I worry where all of this money is comming from.

When I looked to see how much money the US is sending other countries in aid, I can't help but think we should cut back on that.

We gave China 53.1 million dollars, then we borrowed money from them. As of January 2020, the US owes China 1.8 trillion.

This is just the tip of the iceberg.  We gave millions and even billions.  We gave Iraq 3.7 billion alone.

Oh, I'd like to be in charge.  We need to do some housekeeping and purging.  Many of the countries we give aid to are not poor countries.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie Agreed!  Some of them are not even really friendly to us.  There's a quid pro quo of some kind. Above my pay grade. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Don’t worry about other people and their seeming lack of good qualities. Just let your own light shine and maybe they will learn by your example. 

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Sage04   DH and I take a draw from our business, we pay double social security taxes but no unemployment tax...we will not get un employment, since we don't pay in.

I am not sure we want to apply for any type of grant to keep us afloat until business can start up again.  It is hard to get firm answers.  Our over head is low but no money coming in for months, that's not good!

I also want to add that I have learned a lot on these boards about the unemployment situation, (and other things as well) I only know what goes on in my state...sadly there will always be those that get more than deserved and those that fall thru the cracks, not fair but it always happens.

@Mom2Dogs,   Forgive me if this has been mentioned previously here or on other threads.   I did a quick search...  but we've had devastating storm damage in my area and our power keeps going off so my visits to the forums have to be brief before the power kicks me out again.

Do you know about this? 

"Paycheck Protection Program:  An SBA loan that helps businesses keep their workforce employed during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis"

"The Paycheck Protection Program is a loan designed to provide a direct incentive for small businesses to keep their workers on the payroll.

SBA will forgive loans if all employees are kept on the payroll for eight weeks and the money is used for payroll, rent, mortgage interest, or utilities.

You can apply through any existing SBA 7(a) lender or through any federally insured depository institution, federally insured credit union, and Farm Credit System institution that is participating. Other regulated lenders will be available to make these loans once they are approved and enrolled in the program. You should consult with your local lender as to whether it is participating in the program.

Lenders may begin processing loan applications as soon as April 3, 2020. The Paycheck Protection Program will be available through June 30, 2020."

(copy and paste link for details: sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options/paycheck-protection-program-ppp)

I'm so sorry for what you're going through, and others are experiencing, and wanted to post this in case it helped someone.   Take care.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

The one thing I constantly remind myself of is that everyone does not think, or set their standards by my ways.  Therefore I must take into consideration we are always on uneven ground when we look at the same situation.   No one has to be wrong, there just has to be an acceptance of differences in how we look at the issues.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo   thank you for the information.... the business that DH and I own is a mom and pop shop...no employees, and our customers are business and industry.

What we would need is a loan or grant to pay the ongoing expenses of rent, telephone, utilities...the monthly expenses that must be paid.  I don't know if there is any assistance like that, I appreciate you reaching out.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

The one thing I constantly remind myself of is that everyone does not think, or set their standards by my ways.  Therefore I must take into consideration we are always on uneven ground when we look at the same situation.   No one has to be wrong, there just has to be an acceptance of differences in how we look at the issues.

@RedTop  You are correct as far as I am concerned, but some people have tunnel vision and are not able to do it. Just look at some of the posts on these boards. They actually scare me at times.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs   I think you might be eligible for the $600 a week.  You should check into it.

56B6E495-646A-4A86-ABE8-D7F3E4B5119C.jpeg